Carrot Halwa recipe | Gajar ka halwa recipe | easy Gajar halwa recipe
Carrot Halwa recipe | Gajar ka halwa recipe | easy Gajar halwa recipe with step by step pics and video recipe. carrot halwa is one of the easiest and most preferred dessert when it comes to festive days or if there is any guest at home.
Especially when there is carrot season or if we ever visit ooty, then there will be a bulk carrots at home. I prefer making this halwa at home.
Next to rava kesari, this is most loved by everyone at home. though am not fond of having sweets, this particular dish is my favorite too as i love carrots.
As a variation you can add condensed milk, mawa(khoya) or cardamom powder. but i prefer a simpler and traditional version without much makeover.
carrot halwa recipe video
carrot halwa recipe
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 2.5 cups carrot grated
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp chopped almonds
- 1 tbsp chopped cashews
- heat a pan, melt ghee and add the grated carrots to it.
- fry for a minute and then add milk, close and cook for 20-25 minutes in medium heat until all the milk is absorbed. stir inbetween.
- open and add sugar, chopped nuts and let it cook in simmer while stirring in between.
- cook for 20 minutes until ghee leaves out.
- serve hot or cold.
step wise pics of gajar ka halwa recipe
1.heat a non stick pan and melt ghee. roll over to evenly spread on the pan. add the grated carrots. I have taken around 2.5 cups (5 large carrots) which will serve 4.
2. fry the carrots for a minute in ghee. it leaves out moisture and shrinks a bit. colour changes to bright orange as you can see in the below pic.
3. add this stage, add milk(1 cup) and mix well. close and cook in medium heat. use full fat milk for best taste.
4. open and stir inbetween so that it does cook evenly. the carrots have to be completely cooked in milk.
5. this process takes around 20-25 minutes in medium flame. all the milk will get absorbed by the carrots.
6. once the carrots are cooked, add sugar, chopped cashews and chopped almonds. I have used 1/4 cup sugar as my carrots by itself is of very sweet taste. you can adjust the sugar quantity as per your preference. fry till the sugar dissolves.
7. let it cook in simmer while stirring in between. there should be no moisture left. so cook in simmer and this process takes about 20 minutes . or until the ghee leaves out the halwa.
8. at this stage where you dont see any moisture droplets left and when ghee leaves out. stop cooking. serve it hot or cold.
- based on the sweetness of carrots, adjust the quantity of sugar
- this can be refrigerated and stays good for a week.
- you can also add condensed milk, mawa/khoya, saffron and elaichi to it additionally but they are optional.
- sugar has to be added at the last after the carrots are cooked in milk
Very nice it came out well… thank you
your welcome ! 🙂
Comments are closed.