wheat choco banana muffins, this recipe is an inspiration from Nigella lawsons’ recipe with little bit of modification to use wheat flour. Those poor Bananas (Nendran) in my kitchen gave me the idea of baking muffins with chocolate and wheat flour. Especially for my DS who always wanted “Bikki” (In his slang he means biscuit) as soon as he wakes up in the evening. so i planned to make muffins and biscuits at home to feed him healthy. He loved this one.
I have used Nendran banana in this recipe. You can use any variety but if smaller in size use 3-4. Also, make sure it is fully ripe.
Wheat Choco Banana Muffins Pictorial Directions:
- Preheat oven to 180 degree Celsius.
- Take all dry ingredients in a bowl. sieve them and keep it ready. Dry ingredients are wheat flour, all purpose flour, baking soda, cocoa powder and salt.
- Take chunks of fully ripe banana in a mixing bowl. Smash and pulp it until smooth.
- Add oil and mix with a hand blender until combined.
- Add beaten egg to the above mixture and beat them again until pale.
- put in cane sugar, cinnamon powder a pinch and white sugar. Blend well until combined.
- Fold in the dry ingredients into this wet mixture little at a time.
- Drop the mixture into muffin pan lined with muffin cups. Fill less little less than 1/2 of the cup as this recipe tends to rise beautifully.
- Bake them at 180 degree Celsius for 18-20 min.
Wheat Choco Banana Muffins Recipe:
- 165 gms wheat flour
- 55 gms all purpose flour
- 5 gms Baking Soda
- 7.5 gms cocoa powder
- 0.25 gms salt
- 2 large and ripe banana
- 125 ml oil
- 2 large eggs
- 50 gms cane sugar
- 50 gms White Sugar
- 1 pinch cinnamon powder
- 1 tbsp milk
Measure all the dry ingredients, mix and sieve them and keep it ready.
Take the fully ripe banana and mash them or blend them.
While blending banana, add oil and blend till fluffy.
Add beaten eggs and blend till it turns out pale.
Now to this, add cane sugar, cinnamon powder and white sugar one by one while blending until well combined.
Fold in dry ingredients little at a time alternatively adding milk little at a time and folding. The batter has to come to a thick, sticky paste like consistency.
Preheat oven to 180 degree Celsius. Line the muffin tray with cups and drop the batter to less than 1/2 of the cup. Bake for 18-20 minutes.