Papaya Puree, A healthy simple puree recipe for babies. find here some simple tips on how to choose papaya especially for babies.
- When a papaya is partially yellow or slightly green, keep it at room temperature where it will ripen.
- To speed up the ripening, roll the papaya in a paper.
- Avoid papayas with soft flesh near the stem end.
- Look at the base of the papaya, where the stem was attached.
- If you see any mold or mildew, do not buy this papaya
- Avoid papayas with an unpleasant or strong smell, which may be old or fermented
- Seeds are edible but avoid giving it to babies. discard them.
Making Papaya Puree:
- If the papaya is completely ripe, wash them.
- Peel the skin off and Slice them
- De-seed and chop them to pieces
- Then mash it with fork until smooth or simply give a pulse and make puree.
Make it fresh and serve for better taste and health.
If your baby is below 1 year, it is advisable to steam the papaya until mushy and then give it a pulse. In case if it is not fully ripe, steaming helps in easier digestion.