Egg roast masala| Nadan Mutta Curry recipe | Kerala style Egg Curry without coconut milk -with step by step pics and video recipe. Simple, easy and tasty mutta curry/ egg curry recipe. Boiled eggs in fried onion tomato base.
There are two versions of this recipe, one with plain spice powders and the other one is instant version with egg kurma masala.
Here is the egg roast masala recipe quick video:
Step by step pics of making Kerala style Egg roast curry :
Heat oil in a pan and crackle fennel seeds.
when the aroma arises from fennel seeds, add the sliced onions. fry for half a minute until it is transparent.
Add the ginger garlic paste and fry again until the raw smell of ginger and garlic goes off. you can also add very finely chopped ginger and onion or even crushed ginger and garlic.
Further add the chopped tomatoes and saute until it is mushy
Move this cooked mixture to one side of the pan, as we are going to fry the eggs in oil. add a tsp of oil on the empty side of the pan.
add all the spice powders and fry for half a minute. spice powders added are: turmeric, chilli powder, cumin powder, garam masala, pepper powdered. I have used crushed peppercorns here. roast in medium flame to avoid the masalas getting roasted.
add the boiled and peeled eggs. make fine slits in egg and drop it in masala. fry again for half a minute until it is roasted.
mix it along with the onion tomato masala and ad salt
mix well and add water to bring it to the consistency you require. at this stage instead of water, you can also add coconut milk to make it a thin gravy. close and cook for 2-3 minutes until the gravy and masala is well combined with the eggs and flavours blend together.
Open and find the oil leaving out from the gravy. add chopped coriander leaves. serve hot with chapathi/ poori or even rice. You can also break the eggs at this stage. slice it into half and serve.
Nadan Mutta Curry - Kerala style
- 3 large eggs - boiled and peeled
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 medium onion - finely sliced
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 medium tomatoes - finely chopped
- 1/8 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp peppercorns - crushed
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves - chopped
- boil 3 eggs, peel and keep it ready.
- heat oil in a pan, crackle fennel seeds.
- add sliced onions and fry until pink
- add ginger garlic paste to it and fry until raw smell goes off
- further add tomatoes and fry until it gets mushy
- move it to one side, add oil on other side of pan, add all spice powders: turmeric, chilli, cumin, garam masala and pepper powder.
- mix well in oil and drop the boiled eggs. make slits and drop it.
- fry until eggs are slightly roasted
- mix it with onion tomato mixture and add salt to taste
- mix well and add little water, close and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- open and add very finely chopped coriander leaves
- mix well and serve hot with chapathis