Potato cheese balls recipe | fried cheese balls with video recipe and step by step photos. It is an excellent party snack option for kids and guests. One of the best option is that you can prepare them in bulk and advance and freeze the balls uncooked. Deep fry before the event and its that easy to be ready in minutes. stays good for 2-3 weeks if frozen.
Type of cheese used for the cheese balls
Well, we have three options basically. The question is whether i can use processed cheese, mozzarella or cheddar for the cheese balls. I suggest mozzarella while the other two also is good. With processed cheese, you cannot expect a creamy cheesy center. So, the option is cheddar or mozzarella which has the high moisture content.
Easiest way to make the cheese balls is to prepare the balls ahead and freeze them for later use. Place a large cheese cube in the center, for a cheesy balls.
Potato cheese balls recipe
How to make potato cheese balls at home – video recipe
How to make cheese balls with potato and corn
1. Make the cheese stuffed potato balls to freeze
To make the dumplings, firstly have the potatoes washed, cleaned, boiled, peeled and mashed. Take the mashed potatoes in a mixing bowl. add chopped onions to it.
further add finely chopped ginger, finely chopped green chillies, pepper powder, red chilli flakes, coriander leaves and salt to taste.
Mix everything together. lastly add cooked corn (optional) and grated cheese. Mix again.
Pinch a lemon sized portion and flatten it in your palm. Keep the chopped cheese cube in the centre. secure the edges to the centre making it a ball.
roll again between your palms to make it a smooth crack free ball. Dip it in the flour slurry first. For the flour slurry, simply mix maida and salt with water.
Roll it again in bread crumbs. Repeat the process once again. Dip it in flour slurry and roll it in bread crumbs.
The coating is done twice to avoid any cheese oozing out of the balls while cooking. It is always better to have cheese balls double coated. Having all the balls ready, freeze it for 1 hour for better results.
2. Frying the frozen cheese balls
Take the frozen cheese balls and deep fry it in hot oil. After dropping all the balls in hot oil, maintain the heat in medium flame throughout.
keep turning sides gently until all sides are golden brown in color.
Take out and serve the delicious cheese balls right away with mayo dip and tomato sauce.
Cheese balls recipe card
Cheese balls recipe
- 3 medium potatoes boiled and mashed
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 1/2 tsp ginger chopped
- 1/2 tsp green chilli chopped
- 1/4 tsp pepper powder
- 1/8 tsp red chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves chopped
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp boiled corn
- 3 tbsp mozarella cheese grated
- 10 small cubes mozarella cheese
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- In a mixing bowl, take the mashed potatoes and mix onions, ginger, green chilli, pepper powder, red chilli flakes, coriander leaves, salt, boiled corn and grated cheese.
- Mix everything together until combined.
- Pinch a ball and flatten it.
- Place a cheese cube in centre, pack it and make balls.
- prepare all the balls.
- Mix flour, salt and water to a slurry.
- dip the cheese balls in flour slurry followed by rolling in bread crumbs.
- repeat the process. dip in flour slurry, roll in crumbs. keep all the coated balls ready and freeze for 1 hour.
- heat oil and deep fry the balls in medium heat. Keep turning sides until all sides are golden.
- take out, strain the excess oil and serve hot with mayo and tomato sauce.