Easy to make, spicy, tasty restaurant style cutlet recipe. It is made with Potato and grated almond & cashew as main ingredients. Any guests at home? short of snacks? Here you go, make these yummy restaurant style cutlets within 30 min.
Potato is cooked and mashed well. There should not be any lumps, perfectly mashed. Heat oil and pop in cumin seeds, add chopped onions, chopped garlic, chopped ginger, chopped green chilies and saute well. Once onions turn brown, add the chopped cashew and gratwd almonds and all masalas (chilli powder, garam masala & turmeric powder). mix well and put off stove.
Add the above onion dry fruit mixture to the mashed potatoes and mix well along with salt and little bit of ghee. Add corn flour and mix well to make it completely dry. Make patties of the shape you desire and set it aside. Make two dipping, one with beaten egg and other with rusk powder. Egg wash and completely roll up in the rusk powder. Shallow fry in oil+ghee
serve with tomato sauce and chopped onions.
Potato dryfruits cutlet
- 3-4 medium to large sized Potatoes cooked and mashed well
- 6-7 Whole Cashew Finely chopped
- 3-4 Nos Almonds grated
- 2 medium sized Onions finely chopped
- 2 Nos green chillies finely chopped
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 3 pods garlic finely chopped
- 1 inch Ginger finely chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 1/4 tsp Garam Masala
- Salt to taste
- 2 Tsp Corn flour
- Cook the Potatoes, mash them well and keep it aside
- Heat oil+ ghee a tsp in a non stick pan, pop in cumin seeds, add chopped onions, ginger garlic, green chillies and saute until onions turn brown.
- Add chopped cashew and grated almonds and stir well.
- To this add turmeric powder, garam masala and chilly powder. Mix well and cook for a min or two until raw smell of masalas are gone.
- Add the cooked onion dry fruit mixture to the mashed potatoes and mix well.
- Add salt and required corn flour and make almost dry dough
- Make Small Patties of leaf shaped and keep it ready
- Coat the patties with beaten egg and roll them in rusk powder until completely coated.
- Shallow fry them in oil ghee mixture and pat dry with tissue paper
- serve with tomato sauce and chopped onions.