When you start your week with that “Monday Blues” entering your kitchen and there you get a delicious bowl of mouth watering thinai pongal with hot sambar. What else you need to kick start the week active and healthy. ? Thank you Suganya for the yummy healthy breakfast and this one is her recipe.
Thinai Pongal ~ Foxtail millet Pongal
Foxtail Millet and dal pongal
Servings: 2 People
- 1 Cup Thinai rice (Foxtail millet )
- 1/4 cup Moong dal
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp peppercorns
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 spring curry leaves
- 1 No Red chilly
- 2 tbsp cashew broken
- Wash thinai rice and moong dhal and soak it in water for an hour.
- Cook it for 4 whistles with 4 cups water and salt required. 1:4 ratio.
- Once its mushy and completely cooked, add the seasoning.
- For seasoning, Heat oil and ghee mixture in a tadka, add cumin seeds ,peppercorns ,curry leaves, red chilly and cashew. Saute until cumin and cashew turns brown. Add to the pongal. Mix well and serve hot with sambar.