I have also written something about this flower and its benefits in my first recipe with agathipoo which was agathipoo kadala porial.
This recipe is with sesbania flowers and egg scramble. Egg and coconut addition makes the stir fry little more tasty. I have added egg instead of peanuts and made some more modification in the method of cooking.
Directions for Agathipoo muttai porial:
Heat oil, crackle mustard seeds, curry leaves and broken red chilies. To this add chopped onions and fry until its translucent.
Now, put in the chopped agathipoo (sesbania flowers), salt, turmeric powder and saute for half a min until its well mixed with spices. Close and cook for couple of minutes in simmer flame. Need not add water as those flowers tends to leave out moisture.
Once its cooked, add grated coconut and mix well. Now its time to add egg. Break an egg on top of the curry, close and cook for a minute until its almost done (only is simmer flame). this is to ensure you don’t get a raw taste of egg in the curry. After a minute, mix well and let it fry until well blended.
Agathipoo muttai porial recipe:
Agathipoo muttai porial
- 1 Cup Agathipoo/ sesbania flowers tightly packed
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 Spring Curry leaves
- 2 Long dry Red chillies - Broken into half
- 2 Medium Onions - Finely chopped
- 1 Tsp Turmeric powder
- Heat oil, crackle mustard seeds, add curry leaves and red chilli. Saute together chopped onions until pink
- Add chopped flowers, turmeric powder and salt. Close and cook until flowers are cooked
- Break and egg over it. Cover and cook again until egg is almost done. Mix well , stir fry for couple of minutes. Serve hot!
Thanks for taking time to read my recipes! ? It would be great pleasure if you could drop a comment about your views. Tel us if you have tried recipes from Jinoo’sKitchen. Let us know how the dish turned out for you! Like, Share and spread a word if you like the recipes!