So at least from my part I don’t let my DS watch TV/Mobile unless I have something to do very very important. Doctors suggest watching Tv/mobile more than 30 min in a day is harmful for their eyes and also hinders their thinking capacity.
We all know Carrots are good for vision, improves kidney functioning, helps in cleansing body, protects teeth and gum. Our Mom would have told this to us many times when we were kids that If you don’t eat carrot you will have to wear specks 🙂 I give him Carrots almost every day in some or the other form. Carrot kichdi, carrot soup, Mashed carrots, Carrot Kheer, Carrot Halwa in any form. Watch out for all these recipes in Jinoo’s kitchen shortly.
Baby foodz - Carrot Mint kichdi
- 1 no carrot - grated/very finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 2-3 leaves mint - Roughly chopped
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp Toor dal
- 1/4 cup rice
- Wash carrots, peel skin off, Finely chop carrots or Grate them if you don't like to have even little chunks.
- Heat ghee in cooker, add grated Carrot, Cumin powder,Mint leaves chopped, Turmeric powder,Toor dhal, rice and salt. Mix well. Add enough water. (Rice:Water in 1:3/3.5 ratio) depending upon the rice variety you use.
- Cook it for 4 whistles and mash again before serving. Serve warm.