Chicken kari dosa is spicy pancakes layered with egg, chicken curry and shredded chicken. Topped with green chillies, salt and spice powder. This layered dosa or variety dosa does not need any side dish. Can be taken as such it is so yummy and tasty dish. If at all you prefer for side dish, coconut chutney goes well with this. Thick coconut chutney, we call it “getti chutney” suits perfect.
One weekend noon, we( Mr and Mrs. Rahul) innovated this dosa! With all the curry leftover from morn breakfast, we prepared kari dosa. This yummy dosa is four layered. Having just two dosa itself is so filling.
1. Beat an egg with salt, turmeric powder, pepper powder, finely chopped green chilly and little oil.
2. Spread the dosa batter in dosa pan to a big thin round. Pour oil on the sides.
3. Cook on both sides only until its half done. That is color of the dosa should not get browned. To the Top part of dosa, spread the egg mixture.
4. Turn to the other side and let it cook in simmer for half a minute/until egg is cooked. When you turn it back, eggs should be cooked.
5. Apply chicken curry evenly above the egg layer.
Now, place the shredded chicken on the top. Spread evenly.sprinkle pepper powder or chilly powder on top.
6. Carefully turn dosa again to the other side such that chicken is against tawa. Let it cook in simmer for a min or two until chicken gets roasted.
Gently turn back the dosa and serve hot!!!
chicken kari dosa recipe:
Chicken kari dosa / Kheema dosa
- 1 Large Egg
- A pinch Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/4 Tsp Chilli powder/pepper powder Either of the spice you prefer.
- 1 Small Green chilly Very finely chopped
- A drizzle Oil For egg mixture
- 1 Ladleful Dosa batter
- 1 Ladleful Chicken curry
- 1 Large Piece of chicken from the curry Shredded
- Beat the egg with salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder/ pepper powder, green chillies finely chopped and a drizzle of oil.
- Spread the dosa batter in dosa pan to a big thin round. Pour oil on the sides. Cook on both sides until half done.
- On the inner side of dosa,spread egg mixture evenly and sprinkle pepper powder. Turn to other side and cook in simmer until egg is done.
- Turn side, On top of egg mixture, apply chicken curry/gravy evenly. Place the shredded chicken all over.
- Carefully turn side and cook until chicken is roasted. Serve hot.