Simple Indian chicken sandwich recipe which is a cold sandwich. It is a healthy option of making chicken sandwiches at home with an Indian touch.
In this recipe, shred chicken / pulled chicken can be used while I have pre-cut the chicken to thin strips and cooked it. The filling is juicy, soft, and mildly spiced and it is best tasted in cold sandwiches. You can either grill the sandwich or leave it cold as such per your wish.
optionally, you can saute and add finely chopped capsicum or carrots along with the chicken. If you like a whitish filling, avoid adding turmeric powder to chicken. We are so used to adding turmeric while cooking all the vegetables and meat.
Chicken sandwich recipe
Video recipe of how to make the chicken sandwich recipe at home
Step by step recipe of making chicken Mayo sandwich
Heat oil in a pan and add finely chopped garlic and finely chopped green chilli and saute for few seconds.
Further, add thinly sliced onions and saute it for a minute.
Cut chicken to thin strips and add the chicken pieces to the pan. Fry the chicken until it turns whitish and stiff.
Add turmeric powder, salt, pepper powder, garam masala and mix well.
add 1/2 cup of water for the chicken to get cooked. close and cook for 15 minutes on medium heat.
Open and check if the chicken is done and soft. mix once and there should be minimum moisture left.
Transfer the cooked chicken to the mixing bowl. Let it cool a bit and add fresh cream to it.
Along with fresh cream, add mayo and chopped onions.
Further add red chilli flakes, salt to adjust.
Lastly, add mixed herbs and mix well. adjust the mayo as per your preference.
Prepare the bread slices by trimming the brown edges. Soften the butter and apply it over the bread.
Place the fillings on a bread slice and evenly spread it out till the edges. Place another slice of bread on top of it. Press gently for few seconds until it holds firm.
Cut them to triangles and serve fresh or chilled.
chicken sandwich recipe
- 1 tsp oil
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 no green chilli chopped
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- 250 gms chicken boneless and cut to thin strips
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp fresh cream
- 4 tbsp mayonaisse
- 2 tsp chopped onions
- 1/2 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp mized herbs
- 2 tbsp butter softened
- 8-10 slices bread
- Heat oil and fry chopped garlic nad chopped green chillies.
- After a few seconds, add sliced onions and fry for a minute.
- Further add chicken strips and again fry until they turn whitish.
- furthermore, add turmeric powder, salt, pepper powder, garam masala and mix well .
- add 1/4 cup of water, mix and close cook for 15 minutes on medium heat.
- open and mix well. transfer it to a mixing bowl and let it cool.
- Once cool, add fresh cream, mayo, chilli flakes, sugar, salt, mixed herbs and mix everything together until well combined.
- trim the edges of the bread slices, apply softened butter on one side of each bread.
- place the filling on top of a bread slice and spread it out evenly.
- place another slice of bread on top and press the sandwich gently and hold it pressed for few seconds.
- slice the sandwich and serve fresh.