Chinna Vengaya Poondu Kulambu recipe | easy Puli Kuzhambu recipe
Chinna Vengaya Poondu Kulambu recipe | easy Puli Kuzhambu recipe with small onions and garlic. simple, easy and tasty curry recipe for rice.
This is exclusively My mom’s recipe and it always turns out a Hit at our home. everybody loves puli kulambu at my home especially to have the leftover for the dinner as a side dish for dosa. that’s my favorite combination – Puli kulambu and dosa.
Without many hindrances, this smooth, spicy and tangy curry is so addictive and do try it to experience the taste. This is a competitor to the Ulli theeyal of Kerala.
Some of the tamarind curry recipes:
- Easy-puli-kuzhambu-recipe with brinjal
- Temple puliyodharai-recipe
Chinna Vengaya Poondu Kulambu recipe
Small onions and garlic curry recipe for rice
To Dry roast and powder
- 1/2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
To roast and grind to paste
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/3 cup small onions
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 2 medium tomato chopped
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp sambar powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
For the curry
- 2 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 cup small onions
- 1/4 cup garlic
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 1 cup tamarind water
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- Dry roast sesame, fenugreek and cumin seeds until sesame seeds pop. Grind it to a coarse powder.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry onions and curry leaves until pink and add tomatoes to it.
- Fry until tomatoes are mushy. Add coriander powder, chilli powder and sambar powder. Mix well.
- Cool and grind this to a fine paste.
- Heat oil in the same pan. crackle mustard seeds. Add small onions, garlic, curry leaves. Fry till slightly roasted.
- Goes in the prepared masala paste and fry until moisture leaves.
- Add tamarind water, turmeric powder, salt.
- Mix well, close and cook on the medium heat until the oil leaves.
- Open, add water to bring it to a thin consistency together with the roasted spice powder. Mix well and give it a boil.
- Put off and serve hot with rice and stir fry.
Easy Puli Kuzhambu recipe
1.Firstly lets grind the seasoning powder that will be used at last. You can also make this in bulk and store the excess. We would need a spoonful of it. Dry roast sesame seeds, cumin seeds and fenugreek seeds until sesame pops.
2. Cool and take it in a plate. Blend to a coarse powder.
3. In the same pan, heat oil preferably Nallenai (sesame oil) and add shallots, curry leaves and fry till pink.
4. Followed by chopped tomatoes and cook further until it turns mushy.
5. Goes in all the spice powders: Coriander powder, sambar powder and chilli powder. Mix well and fry for less than a minute.
6. Again, cool and grind this to a smooth paste.
7. Furthermore, In the same pan, heat sesame oil and add small onions, garlic, curry leaves.
8. Fry till the onions and garlic are slightly roasted.
9. At this stage, add the prepared masala and start frying in medium heat until all the moisture in it is gone.
10. When the gravy tends to be thick, add tamarind water to it. I soaked a gooseberry size tamarind in 1 cup warm water.
11. Further, add turmeric powder and salt to taste.
12. Mix well. Close the pan partially and cook till it thickens and leaves out oil completely. DO NOT FORGET TO STIR IN BETWEEN. Keep it in medium flame and it takes nearly 15-20 minutes to get to the oily stage.
13. Finally, when you spot the oil on the top of the curry, add the water required to bring to the medium thick consistency and also the prepared seasoning from step 2. Mix well and give it a boil for 5 more minutes.
Serve it hot with rice and poriyal.
Making this kuzhambu for the nth time.. We add boiled eggs too… Tastes awesome..
Comments are closed.