Ghee pongal | Ven pongal recipe restaurant style
Ven pongal recipe
- 1 cup raw rice
- 1/2 cup moong dal
- 3 tsp ginger finely chopped
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup milk /warm water
- 4 tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 no green chilli slit
- 2 tsp peppercorns
- 2 tbsp broken cashews
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- roast moong dal until aromatic.
- take rice+ roasted dal together and wash well
- take in a cooker, along with ginger and salt.
- add 4 cups water for 1 cup rice
- close and pressure cook . 2 whistles on high flame and 3 whistles on low flame.
- open and mash it well. add milk or warm water to adjust the consistency.
- heat ghee in another pan and add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, green chilli, cashews, curry leaves, pepper corns and mix well.
- add the tempering to the pongal and mix again.