kappa mutta thattukada style recipe | Tapioca egg fry
kappa mutta thattukada style recipe – Have you tried these tapioca and egg stir fry that is a popular kerala streetfood (thattukada special).
Tapioca is very commonly made in kerala for breakfast and there are few more popular dishes like kappa biryani, kappa vevichathu, kappa puzhukku, kappa ularthiyathu, kappa vada and so on.
This dry kappa recipe is a special streetfood of kerala made with just precooked tapioca pieces and eggs. Generally they add chicken curry (without chicken pieces) into this making. I have just used plain chutney to adapt with whatever can be easily available in all our kitchens.
Kappa biryani is equally popular recipe made with chicken/beef/mutton. so, do try this thattukada style kappa recipe and let me know your comments whether you like them. Also, you should check this tapioca kurma which is my own special recipe.
kappa mutta thattukada style recipe
Mutta kappa video recipe
How to make Tapioca egg with step by step photos
In a pressure cooker, clean and add the tapioca pieces along with turmeric powder.
salt and water just enough to cook the tapioca. Pressure cook for 4-5 whistles or until the tapioca pieces are soft.
Open and drain the excess water. keep it aside until use.
In a bowl, break eggs and add chopped onions, chopped coriander, chopped green chilli, salt. whisk it for few seconds.
Add the egg mixture into a pan with a little oil. Cook until eggs are scrambled.
drop the cooked tapioca pieces along with red chilli chutney, garam masala.
Use a glass to mash the tapioca along with the eggs.
Mash until it is evenly textured. mix once and serve hot!
Serve it fresh and hot with kattan chai(black tea).
recipe card of kappa mutta – Kappa recipe without coconut
Kappa Mutta recipe
- 1 medium tapioca chopped
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- 1.5 tsp coconut oil
- 3 no eggs
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 no green chilly chopped
- 3 tbsp coriander leaves chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp red chilli chutney grind red chillies and small onions to paste with salt and a little water
- 1/8 tsp garam masala
- In a pressure cooker, take chopped tapioca pieces along with salt, turmeric powder and water. Pressure cook for 4-5 whistles. Open and drain the excess water and keep aside until use
- Break 3 eggs into mixing bowl along with chopped onions, chopped green chillies, chopped coriander leaves and salt. whisk it.
- Heat oil and pour the egg mixture. cook the egg mixture until it is scrambled.
- Add cooked tapioca along with red chilli chutney and garam masala. Mash the mixture with a glass tumbler. mash until well combined and evenly textured. serve hot!