Tapioca kurma recipe| Tapioca curry for chapathi | Kappa kurma recipe
Tapioca kurma recipe | Tapioca curry for chapathi | Kappa kurma recipe – I had a big sized tapioca but very good and fresh one which we bought from Kerala while coming back from the vacation. I always love to experiment with tapioca. just like potatoes, they give good results and do not disappoint us.
there are few of tapioca recipes like
- KAPPA ULARTHIYATHU | Kerala style Tapioca fry
- Crispy Kappa Vada
- Kappa curry for chapathi | Tapioca curry for chapathi
- Kappa Ularthiyathu / Kappa vevichathu/ simple Tapioca stir fry
- Chicken Kappa Biryani
here is the quick video of Tapioca kurma recipe:
Step by step making of the Tapioca kurma recipe:
firstly, lets prepare the green masala: for which we need ginger, garlic and green chilli. about 14-15 garlic, 2 inch ginger chopped and 2 green chillies are taken. all these are grind to a fine paste. keep it aside until use.
heat few drops of oil in a pan and roast coconut, sesame seeds and cashews. fry in simmer until it is slightly reddish. cool and transfer to a blender. blend to a very fine and smooth paste. keep it aside until use.
heat 3-4 tbsp of oil in a pressure cooker. add fennel seeds, cinnamon, cloves, curry leaves and let it crackle.
add the prepared green paste and fry for few seconds.
to this, add the chopped onions and fry for a minute.
chopped tomatoes are added along with vertically cut tapioca, turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt and prepared coconut paste. tapioca can also be cut to small cubes. but this way it makes a little difference in appearance of kurma.
mix well and fry for a minute. add 1.5 cups water.
check the seasoning, close and pressure cook for 4-5 whistles. let the pressure settle completely. open after that.
you can see beautiful texture of the kurma when cooked this way which is exactly like how we get in the restaurants. mix once and serve hot with roti.
Tapioca curry for chapathi
- 15-16 cloves garlic
- 2 inch ginger chopped
- 2 no green chilli
- 1/2 cup coconut pieces
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp cashew
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 spring curry leaves
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 2 no cloves
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1 large tomato finely chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 3/4 tsp chilli powder
- salt to taste
- 1.5 -2 cups tapioca vertically cut or cubed
- grind together ginger, garlic and green chilli to a fine paste and keep aside until use.
- heat few drops of oil in a pan and roast coconut pieces, sesame seeds and cashews until slightly brown and grind to fine paste. keep aside until use.
- heat oil in a a pressure cooker and add fennel seeds, cinnamon, cloves, curry leaves. and green paste. fry for few seconds.
- add chopped onions and fry for a minute.
- to this add all the remaining ingredients. tomatoes, tapioca, salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder, prepared coconut paste.
- mix well and add 1.5 cups water. close and pressure cook for 4-5 whistles on high flame.
- let the pressure settle. open and mix well. serve hot with roti
How much tapioca to be added missing, please provide…
thanks for mentioning it. its added now.
Comments are closed.