Chicken Pallipalayam | Erode special Chicken fry | Pallipalayam chicken fry with step by step photos and video recipe.
Chicken Pallipalayam is famous among the dhabas and restaurants in and around erode. The spiciness and that special authentic taste of the dish makes it famous. There is a place called pallipalayam in erode. I wonder if this chicken fry was originated in that area. ?
Pallipalayam chicken fry with step by step tutorials and simple instructions to follow.
I remember visiting a dhaba near erode few years back where we were seated in a hut and served nattu kozhi pallipalayam in a mud pot super hot! before we started having our food, it was heavy thunder and rain that we could feel the breeze and chillness outside through the open windows. It was so good experience at that dhaba. Am not sure, if the rain and weather made the dish so tasty or was it actually? anyways, I have almost replicated the recipe and we follow this recipe almost every weekend.
Chicken Pallipalayam fry video recipe:
Directions for pallipalayam chicken:
Preparations (Keep it ready before cooking):
- Clean chicken and cut them to bite sized pieces.
- We need lot of shallots. Finely slice shallots (optional). I prefer using it as such as it gets cooked along with chicken.
- Break the dry red chilies and de-seed them.
- Cut Thin slices of coconut pieces.
Making of Pallipalayam fry:
Heat sesame oil in a thick bottomed pan
Add 1 cup shallots to the heated oil. (Few add mustard seeds and crackle them, which is optional)
Red chilli de-seeded has to be added.
After frying the onions and chillies for 2 minutes, add the coconut pieces
also, add the ginger garlic paste
fry for 1 minute in medium heat
Put in cleaned and cut chicken pieces
Furthermore, add the spice powders that are required : first, Turmeric powder
next add Coriander powder
then salt to taste
add a cup of water, I have used country chicken so, have added more water. In case of broiler or the variety of chicken you use, adjust water quantity
Close and cook in medium flame until chicken pieces are well cooked. It takes roughly, 30-40 minutes. Open in between and stir to check there is enough water. If not add more.
Open and mix again
Serve hot with rice
Recipe for Chicken Pallipalayam:
- 1/2 kg chicken - cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 cup shallots
- 20-25 dry red chillies - de-seeded
- 1/8 cup coconut - sliced
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- salt to taste
- Heat sesame oil in a thick bottomed pan. Add shallots and red chillies and fry for 2 minutes.
- add the coconut pieces, ginger garlic paste and fry for 1 minute in medium heat
- Put in cleaned and cut chicken pieces, Turmeric powder, Coriander powder, salt to taste and mix well
- add a cup of water, Close and cook in medium flame until chicken pieces are well cooked. Open and mix again. Serve hot with rice
Thanks for taking time to read my recipes! ? It would be great pleasure if you could drop a comment about your views. Tel us if you have tried recipes from Jinoo’s Kitchen. Let us know how the dish turned out for you! Like, Share and spread a word if you like the recipes!