How to make Mutta Puttu recipe | Egg Masala Puttu recipe with step by step photos and video recipe. Simple, Egg Masala stuffed Puttu made in chiratta puttu maker.
One of the common Stuffed Puttu recipe with egg. Generally either scrambled egg or boiled Egg masala is used for stuffing. Coconut is mixed along with puttu powder to make it taste soft and good.
Regarding the layering, Coconut mix or the puttu coconut mix goes into the bottom followed by Egg masala and to the top is again the Puttu coconut mix. The flavor of Egg Masala gets to the Puttu and makes it taste Yum.
It’s Obvious that you need no gravy to side this but I generally keep the leftover Masala served along with it. Its completely optional yo have side dish like Kerala kadala curry, Egg curry Kerala style. But this stuffing curry has to be dry.
Mutta Puttu recipe
Mutta Puttu recipe | Egg Masala stuffed Puttu
to prepare puttu for cooking
- 1 cup puttu podi
- salt to taste
- 1-1.5 cup water
- 3/4 cup grated coconut
For Egg Masala
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 sprig curry leaves
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic crushed
- 1 slit green chilli
- 1.5 cups onions – thinly sliced
- salt to taste
- 1 no tomato – finely chopped
- 1/8 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1/8 cup water
- 4 large boiled eggs
preparing Puttu powder
- Mix Puttu powder with salt and add water little at a time and mix well.
- Mix until you can form a firm shape out of the puttu but breaks when pressed.
- Add grated coconut and mix once again. Cover and let it sit for 15-20 minutes.
For Egg Masala
- Heat oil and crackle mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- Goes in curry leaves, crushed ginger garlic, green chilli, slightly crushed sliced-onions.
- Fry until slightly brown. Add chopped tomatoes and fry until mushy.
- When the tomatoes are mushy, goes in spice powders. Turmeric, chilli powder, coriander powder and garam masala.
- Mix well. close and cook for 10 minutes. Open and mix once.
- Slice the boiled egg to two and place it upside down over the onion tomato mixture.
- Close and cook for few minutes in simmer.
- meanwhile, boil water in a pressure cooker closed with a lid but without the whistle, weight put on.
- Layer the chiratta puttu maker with coconut puttu mix on the bottom, Egg masala next and the remaining again with coconut puttu mix.
- Close and Keep it over the pressure cooker where the steam escapes. Cook until the steam escapes through the holes of puttu maker.
- pen and demould the puttu and serve it hot!
Egg Masala Puttu recipe
1.Firstly let’s prepare the Puttu. Take Puttu podi in a mixing bowl and add salt to it. Mix well.
2. Add water little at a time and mix well until you can easily make firm shape of it but breaks when pressed. This is the right consistency of the Puttu that is ready for cooking.
3. Further, add grated coconut and mix well. Close and let it sit aside for 15-20 minutes while we make the Egg masala.
4. For Egg Masala, Heat coconut oil in a pan and crackle Mustard seeds, cumin seeds. To this, add curry leaves, crushed ginger garlic, green chilli slit and fry for a minute.
5. Crush the onion sliced well with hands before adding. add salt to taste and fry until brown. Takes time but have patience and fry until brown not charred.
6. Further add tomatoes and fry until mushy.
7. Goes in the spice powders : Turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, Garam masala. Mix well.
8. Sprinkle little water, close and cook for 10 minutes in medium heat.
9. Open and mix once. Slice the boiled eggs and place it upside down on the curry and sprinkle little salt on top.
10. Mix and close the Eggs with the curry . Close the pan with lid and let it sit in simmer for at least 5 minutes.
11. Take water in a pressure cooker. Close it without whistle and let it boil.
12. Meanwhile, let’s layer the chiratta Puttu. Place the small-sized hole in Puttu maker. Add coconut grated or the Puttu coconut mix on the bottomed followed by Egg masala.
13. After filling more than half of it with Egg Masala. Fill the remaining with the puttu coconut mix.
14. Gently Press the top to flatten it. Place it over the cooker instead of whistle. Let it cook in medium heat until steam escapes through the holes on puttu maker.
Mutta Puttu recipe | Egg Masala stuffed Puttu is ready to be served.