Pudina chutney. This recipe of pudina or mint chutney is best suited for idli/dosas or with rice. My moms recipe without tomato. She use to make this with tomato also. Pudina chutney is always one of the prefered chutney option at our home.
Growing mint is easy task. We always have some fresh stock of mint leaves in our garden. We use mint for many sabzis and curries. So we usually stock up in refrigerator too.
Directions for Pudina chutney:
- Heat oil. Crackle urad dal and chana dal. Put in shallots, garlic, red chilli, curry leaves, mint leaves and grated coconut. Saute well until mint leaves shrinks and coconut starts changing color. Cool it down.
- Add salt and grind to a smooth paste.
Mint chutney recipe:
Pudina chutney/Mint chutney
- 1 Tsp Urad dal
- 1 Tsp Chana dal
- 2 to 3 Medium Shallots/ small onions
- 2 Large dry Red chilly
- 1 No Garlic clove
- 1 Spring Curry leaves
- 1 Cup Mint leaves
- 1 Tbsp Grated coconut
- Heat oil, crackle urad dal and channa dal
- Add shallots, red chilli, garlic, curry leaves, mint leaves, grated coconut.
- Fry until raw smell goes off. Cool down and grind with salt to a smooth paste.
Thanks for taking time to read my recipes! ? It would be great pleasure if you could drop a comment about your views. Tel us if you have tried recipes from Jinoo’s Kitchen. Let us know how the dish turned out for you! Like, Share and spread a word if you like the recipes!