Stuffed potato cheese | potato snacks recipe for kids with step by step photos and video recipe. simple and easy potato snack recipe. stuffed potato basket without oven made in pan.
this recipe was introduced to me by a experienced cook who worked in a tea estate in conoor. He had worked in Italy for more than 30 years and I happened to chat with him after having this amazing dish. he named it simply as Baked potatoes where in I wanted to try it in pan.
If baking it, preheat the oven at 180 deg cel and bake for 15 minutes at 180 deg c. Though his version was slightly different with less salt and spice. We loved it with some extra dose of spice than that. so made few alterations to that recipe and got it perfect here.
One large potato was more than sufficient for the breakfast for me. You can also add cream to this dish to make it extra rich. I haven’t overloaded it. this is one of the easy and healthy potato snacks recipe for kids.
Stuffed potato cheese recipe
stuffed Potato cheese recipe
- 4-5 large potatoes
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1.5 tbsp garlic chopped
- 2 nos green chilli – chopped
- 2 cups onion – finely chopped
- 1/4 cup bell pepper – finely chopped
- 1 no carrots – finely chopped
- 1 small tomato – finely chopped
- salt to taste
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1/4 cup cheese
- 1/2 tsp mixed herbs
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 3 tbsp grated cheese
- 1/2 tsp mixed herbs
- wash and pressure cook the potatoes with salt and water upto 4 whistles
- open and slice the potatoes lengthwise into two. scoop out the potatoes.
- heat oil in a pan and add garlic, chopped green chilli and fry for half a minute.
- add chopped onions, chopped carrots, chopped bell peppers and fry until transparent.
- at this stage, add half cooked potatoes, tomato, salt and mix well. add little water, close and cook until done.
- open and mash it well. add milk, cheese and mixed herbs.
- mix well and switch off. scoop out a spoonful of mixture into potato baskets and top it with cheese and red chilli powder.
- close the pan and cook for 10-15 minutes. grease in between.
- open and serve hot with grated cheese and red chilli powder.
cheese potato snacks recipe for kids
1.select the large potatoes for this recipe and take it in cooker along with salt and water. pressure cook for 4-5 whistles
2. take out the potato and slice them lengthwise into two. gently scoop out the potatoes without breaking the base.
3. place the base on the pan and keep the half cooked portion aside until use.
4. heat oil in a pan and add chopped garlic and chopped green chilli. fry for half a minute.
5. add chopped onions, chopped capsicum and chopped carrots and fry until transparent.
6. to this, add the half cooked potatoes, chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and mix well.
7. add little water (1/2 cup), close and cook until the potatoes are fully cooked.
8. mash it well and mix.
9. add milk and grated cheese.
10. finally add mixed herbs . mix once and put off immediately.
11. fill the potatoes with the stuffings and drizzle red chilli powder, cheese. close and cook in medium heat.
12. grease the pan in between, close and cook until the cheese is well melted.
13. open and again garnish with red chilli powder and mixed herbs.