Sweet diamond biscuits ~ Kala Kala
Sweet diamond biscuits a.k.a kala kala are made with all purpose flour/maida. One of the all time favorite biscuits. Though made with maida, the crispy and mild sweetness makes it on top of favorite sweets lists.
Pictorial directions for making diamond biscuits:
- Take maida, pinch of salt, pinch of baking powder, butter and mix well. Add water little by little and make it to a smooth dough.
- Take a lemon sized ball out of dough. Spread it round and make horizontal and vertical stripes with zigzag cutter or knife. Take the diamonds to a plate.
- Heat oil and put in those diamonds. Fry until golden brown. Filter to a paper towel.
- Melt sugar to 1 string consistency with cardamom powder.
- Add sugar syrup little by little to the bowl containing diamonds and toss well until sugar syrup is coated well.
Sweet diamond biscuit recipe:
Sweet diamond biscuits a.k.a Kala kala
- 1/2 Kg All purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1/8 Tsp Salt
- 1/8 Tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 Kg Sugar
- 1 Tsp Powdered cardamom
- Mix together flour, butter, salt and baking powder. Add water and make it to a smooth dough.
- Melt sugar and mix in cardamom powder. Bring it to a one string consistency.
- Flatten a lemon sized dough to a round and cut diamonds using zigzag cutter/knife.
- Fry the pieces in hot oil until brown. Transfer to a paper towel.
- Add the sugar syrup to the diamonds and mix/toss well. Let it cool and store it in air tight container.
Thanks for taking time to read my recipes! ?It would be great pleasure if you could drop a comment about your views. Tel us if you have tried recipes from Jinoo’s Kitchen. Let us know how the dish turned out for you! Like, Share and spread a word if you like the recipes!