In India, Maggi noodles have become a common dish and are one of the most popular hunger-craving items, especially for kids and bachelors. In fact, it has been estimated that 90% of households in India have Maggi noodles in their kitchens. It is known for its quick preparation time and affordable price, making it a convenient option for a quick meal or snack.
Maggi was first introduced in India in the 1980s and quickly became a favorite among consumers. Over the years, Maggi has taken different recipes in different households. classic being the simple one. Vegetable masala maggi, chinese maggi, italian maggi, egg maggi.
Despite the controversy about whether it is good or bad, healthy or unhealthy, it remains a favorite for many of us. Lazy days and Sunday brunches help all the moms or lazy cooks to eat a portion of delicious quick food.
Indo- Chinese Cuisine
Indo-Chinese cuisine refers to the fusion of Indian and Chinese culinary styles and flavors. This style of cooking originated in the Indian Chinese community that has settled in cities like Kolkata, Mumbai, and Delhi. Indo-Chinese cuisine is known for its bold flavors, use of spices, and unique combinations of ingredients like soya sauce, cabbage, tomato sauce, and vinegar.
Some popular Indo-Chinese dishes include:
Adding to the list above is my try on Chinese style Maggi making it more interesting.
How to make Indo – Chinese style Maggi
- Firstly, Prepare the Chinese-style sauce
- Cook the Maggi separately
- Make the Indochinese Maggie with the cooked Maggi and the prepared Chinese sauce along with garlic and a few other ingredients
Video recipe of Indo-Chinese style Maggi
Step-by-step recipe for Chinese Maggi
Firstly, let’s prepare the Chinese sauce for which add soya sauce, tomato sauce, chilli flakes to a bowl.
Add chopped onions, chopped garlic, chopped coriander leaves and mix everything together and keep it ready until use.
In a deep pot or kadai, add 2 cups water with a few drops of oil and let it come to a boil
When it comes to a boil, add the Maggi without the masala and cook until it is soft.
In a deep kadhai, heat oil and add chopped garlic. Fry the garlic until it turns aromatic.
Add roughly chopped onions and fry on high heat for half a minute.
Add chopped green chilies, grated cabbage, chopped carrots and mix together and quickly saute for a minute.
Add salt and mix it well with the vegetables.
Lastly, add the Maggie masala and mix everything together cook for about half a minute.
Add the cooked Maggi and gently mix it along with the vegetables.
add the prepared Chinese sauce and mix it with the fork. All these must happen in high heat.
Our delicious Chinese Maggi is ready to be served.
Chinese Maggi recipe:
Chinese maggi noodles
for the sauce
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- 1 tsp tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp chopped onions
- 1/4 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp chopped coriander leaves
to cook the maggi
- 1 packet maggi noodles
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp oil
to make Chinese maggi noodles
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic
- 1/2 no onion sliced
- 1 no green chilli chopped
- 1/8 cup cabbage grated
- 1 tbsp carrot chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 packet maggi masala
- Make the Chinese sauce by mixing all the ingredients listed under the chinese sauce section under the ingredients. Keep it ready
- Cook the noodles by boiling water with a drizzle of oil. When it is boiling add noodles and cook until soft. Drain and keep it aside until use.
- In a pan or kadai, heat oil, fry garlic until aromatic.
- add onions, green chilli, cabbage and carrots, saute it on high heat for few minutes.
- Add maggi masala from the packet and mix well.
- Put in the cooked noodles and gently mix it along with the vegetables
- lastly add the prepared sauce and mix it with the fork until it is combined with the noodles completely.
- serve it hot.