crispy corn recipe | barbeque nation style crispy corn recipe with step by step photos and video recipe. simple, easy veg starters recipe with sweet corn which is crispy and tasty.
i had already posted this creamy potatoes long back and this has been in my list and finally after a couple of trials got it right. so, here is the recipe for you.
Crispy corn is one of the tastiest starters with sweetcorn. If you have the frozen corns at home. then this recipe could be a stage show when the guests arrive home.
One thing about this is it has to be taken hot or warm. once cool, it tends to be soggy. so for a crispier corn, serve it fresh.
quick video of crispy corn recipe
recipe card of crispy corn
barbeque nation style corn starters recipe
- 1 cup sweet corn pellets
- 3+1 tbsp corn flour
- 2 tbsp maida
- 1 tbsp rice flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 pinch turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 no green chilli chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 tsp coriander leaves chopped
- 2 tbsp garlic chopped
- 1/4 tsp chaat masala
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
- 1 squeeze lemon juice
cook the corn in water and salt for 5 minutes. strain and rinse with cold water
take it in a bowl and add rice flour, corn flour, maida, salt adn turmeric powder.
mix well and sprinkle little water. mix again. finally add little corn flour and mix again until well coated.
shake it well in a strainer until excess flour is gone.
heat oil for deep frying and deep fry all the corn until crisp. strain it.
heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and fry chopped garlic, chopped onions, coriander leaves and chopped green chilli. add salt, chilli powder and pepper powder and fry again.
to this mix, add fried corn and a squeeze of lemon juice and mix well. switch off
step wise pics of making crispy corn recipe:
1.boil water and add salt and corn to it. cook for 5 minutes and then strain the corn.
2. immediately dip/pour in cold water to stop it from cooking and cool don immediately. take it in a wide mixing bowl.
3. add corn flour, rice flour, maida, turmeric powder, salt(for the flour) and mix well.
4. sprinkle very little water at this point and mix well so that the flour gets stuck evenly on the corn. now sprinkle corn flour again on top and mix well. you can see how evenly the corn is coated. this is called double coating to get it well coated and crispier when deep fried.
5. take it to a strainer and shake well so that excess flour gets out so that the oil is less messy. if you do not have big strainer then shake it between your hands to remove excess flour.
6. heat oil and first drop one corn to check the temperature and when that corn floats up, add all the corn in batches and deep fry.
7. stir in betweeen until crisp and you can feel the crisp corn when you stir it. take it out to a strainer.
8. heat oil and add chopped garlic, chopped green chilli, chopped onions and chopped coriander leaves. fry it for a minute adding little salt.
9. add chilli powder, pepper powder, mix well and switch off. add the fried corn and a squeeze of lemon. mix well. serve hot!