Dry Fruits Idli Upma recipe is a simple recipe with leftover idlis made as a snack or quick way of using any leftovers in a healthy way.
Idli upma is very common breakfast recipes in many kitchens to use the leftover idlis of previous day night. But In our house we are fond of idli upma that each time i make fresh batch of idlis early in the morn, cool them completely and scramble to use them to make upma.
Have you tried making upma with adai batter? try it out. recipe is here.
We try out different flavors of idli upma each time and this time it is with Dry fruits.
You can use any dry fruits of your choice. I have used cashews, almonds and walnuts. gave it a quick pulse to make it a coarse powder. if you wanted more crunchy upma, then chop them manually.
Dry Fruits Idli Upma recipe pictorial directions
Get all your ingredients ready
Heat oil and splutter mustard seeds. Drop in urad dal, chana dal, red chilli, curry leaves, mint leaves chopped, Chopped gingerWhen the dal turns slightly brown, add the chopped onions, chopped dry fruits, turmeric powder and saltMix well and fry for a couple of minutes until onions are pink and then add the scrambled idlis and idli podi (Incase you don’t have idli podi handy, replace it with chilli powder. But add chilli powder with the onions and not after adding idlis. Mix well and let it get combined and cook for 2 minutes in medium flame.
switch off and serve hot!
Dry Fruits Idli Upma recipe
Dry fruits idli upma recipe
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp urad dal
- 1/4 tsp chana dal
- 2 dry red chillies
- 1 spring curry leaves
- 1 fistful mintleaves
- 1/2 inch ginger chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1/2 cup mixed dryfruits finely chopped
- 1/8 tsp turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- 6-8 no idlis scrambled
- 2 tbsp idli podi or more based on spice level
- Heat oil and splutter mustard seeds, urad dal, chana dal, red chilli, curry leaves, mint leaves chopped, Chopped ginger
- When the dal turns slightly brown, add the chopped onions, chopped dry fruits, turmeric powder and salt. Mix well and fry for a couple of minutes until onions are pink
- Add the scrambled idlis and idli podi. Mix well and let it get combined and cook for 2 minutes in medium flame. switch off and serve hot!