Easy Tomato soup recipe restaurant style | Pressure cooker creamy south Indian soup with tomatoes with step by step pics and video recipe. easy and delicious tomato soup recipe for kids and adults during winter days. to make ti more healthy, I have used arrow root powder, instead of corn flour which is very good for kids especially.
Lets see how to make simple tomato soup with step by step pictures and quick video recipe. With very few ingredients, one can make this delicious, simple, creamy soup at home. very easy to prepare and restaurant style soup recipe.
adding toasted bread/croutons is optional. But it gives an extraordinary taste to the soups. I have used brown bread in this recipe. one of the most popular restaurant appetizer recipe is tomato soup. this recipe is one of easiest soup made in pressure cooker and sauted with some spices.
Soups are best option for kids and adults during winter days. Winter evenings deserve these healthy and easy tomato soup. Hope you cook and enjoy this recipe.
quick video of Easy Tomato soup recipe restaurant style
tomato soup recipe with step wise pics:
- Firstly, heat very little oil in a pressure cooker.
- crackle cumin seeds in heated oil
when the cumin seeds splutter, Add 7-8 cloves garlic
together add roughly chopped onions. we will be grinding all the ingredients. So you can roughly chopped them
saute them until slightly roasted. take care not to brown. add chopped tomatoes to the cooker.
fry for 30 seconds and then add salt needed and peppercorns.
half to one cup water has to be added and mixed well.
pressure cook for 3-4 whistles until the tomatoes are mushy. You can also skip pressure cooking and boil them closed. But this is quick and easy method.
Open after the pressure settles down. the tomatoes will be cooked completely. at this stage, If you use the whole tomatoes while cooking, you can peel off the skin and then grind. But i prefer with skin and hence i have chopped it roughly and added.
Blend this mixture once it cools down. you can either use hand mixer or blender. If using blender, make sure its completely cool else it may splash and mess up your kitchen.
strain the ground mixture to get smooth silky soup. I recommend this step to get perfect soups.
mix it with fork or whisk. coarse particles can be discarded.
melt butter in a pan
toast the bread till crisp on both sides.
take out the toasted bread. I have used brown bread here and use scissors to cut them to cubes
In the same pan, melt butter again. Use fresh butter to make soups, unlike curries flavour of soup can go worse if using old butter.
add arrow root powder. here generally, corn flour is added. But i prefer using arrow root powder instead. when making for kids. It is healthier
Mix well and add milk to the pan. saute until it is lump free.
Add the strained soup to it and mix well.
salt needed for the soup is to be added
further, fresh cream is added
Mix well until well combined. keep the flame low at all these stages as the soup splutters.
Now, the spice required for the soup has to be added. chilli powder has to be added.
furthermore, garam masala is added
Turmeric powder is added and then mixed well. some add red food color at this stage but I have not added.
Mix well and let it boil
serve hot with roasted croutons.
Tomato soup recipe card:
tomato soup recipe
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 7-8 cloves garlic
- 1 large onion roughly chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes roughly chopped
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp peppercorns
- 1 tsp butter
- 2 slice bread
- 1.5 tbsp arrowroot powder or corn flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh cream
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 1/8 tsp garam masala
- 1/8 tsp turmeric powder
- Firstly, heat very little oil in a pressure cooker and crackle cumin seeds and add 7-8 cloves garlic, roughly chopped onions.
- saute them until slightly roasted. take care not to brown. add chopped tomatoes to the cooker. fry for 30 seconds and then add salt needed and peppercorns.
- half to one cup water has to be added and mixed well.
- pressure cook for 3-4 whistles until the tomatoes are mushy. Open after the pressure settles down. cool and Blend this mixture
- strain the ground mixture to get smooth silky soup.
- melt butter in a pan and toast the bread till crisp on both sides. take out the toasted bread. use scissors to cut them to cubes
- In the same pan, melt butter again. add arrow root powder and milk to the pan. saute until it is lump free.
- Add the strained soup to it and mix well. salt needed for the soup is to be added
- further, fresh cream, chilli powder, ,garam masala,Turmeric powder is added and then mixed well. Mix well and let it boil
- serve hot with roasted croutons.