Elaneer payasam – Tender coconut payasam
elaneer payasam is one of the simple and tasty dessert that can be prepared in few minutes. all that you need is just very few ingredients and fresh elaneer or tender coconut.
I first had this elaneer payasam in a dhaba after a heavy meal. it was served chilled and was simple, refreshing and energizing drink unlike other payasam which you might feel heavy after drinking it.
this is my own version of elaneer payasam and this does not need any cooking. no fire cooking. Use only fresh ingredients for best taste.
I love to chill it and then drink. If you like warm payasam, just microwave the mixture for 1 minute.
Elaneer Payasam recipe
- 1 large tender coconut
- 2-3 tbsp condensed milk
- 1/2 cups coconut milk
- first, Scrap fresh elaneer/tender coconut flesh from 1 coconut
- Grind it and mix with the coconut water from the same coconut
- Mix 2-3 table spoon of condensed milk to it.
- Mix 0.5 cup of fresh coconut milk to it. mix well.
- Chill it for few hours and then serve it for better taste.
elaneer payasam recipe with step wise pics:
1.first, Scrap fresh elaneer/tender coconut flesh from 1 coconut. Grind it and mix with the coconut water from the same coconut
2.pulse it once or use hand blender and blend slightly. do not blend to a puree we would want those small chunks of pulp behind.
3. Mix 2-3 table spoon of milk maid to it and 0.5 cup of fresh coconut milk to it.
4. mix well until condensed milk is well mixed. you can also heat it up slightly to bring it to a slightly thinner consistency and then add.
optional: Fry cashew in ghee and add to it before serving. Chill it for an hour and then serve it for better taste.
serve fresh or chilled