Mayonnaise recipe two ways – with egg and eggless recipe. The key to the mayonnaise is the right amount of ingredients and consistency that you need. You will need to alter the ingredients used plus or minus its quantity mentioned in the recipe to attain the right texture and consistency.
Based on the quality and temperature of the ingredients, the amount will vary. I would suggest you to use hand blender or a mixie and add oil little at a time and blend. stop when you reach the right consistency. this way you can avoid adding too much oil or too little.
It is very simple and easy to make and am sure you should try it at home as it can be ready in just minutes. Flavors that can be added to mayonnaise – Well, You can add garlic, red chilies, peppercorns which are basically added for flavor.
- Banana cake recipe | Simple moist Banana cake with egg
- Pazham Nurukku recipe | Ripe Nendran banana snack recipe
- Chicken Salna recipe for parotta, biryani, and idli dosa | Simple Chicken curry for chapathi
- Mushroom masala recipe | simple and easy mushroom Curry recipe
- How to cook Mushroom Biryani perfectly | Perfect non-sticky Muslim style biryani
popular Recipes using mayonnaise
How to make mayonnaise video recipe
It is highly suggested to use hand blender when making at home. One reason is you can add the emulsifiers that is our oil little at a time and blend. If you do not have a hand blender, then go for the mixie/blender. Works perfectly fine as well.
If you find your recipe giving you a thin mayonnaise and its not thick, simply add more oil + a little vinegar/lemon that the recipe calls for and blend it again to get the right consistency.
It is usually made with olive oil while all the neutral / odorless oil can be used. In India, the widely used refined sunflower oil can also be used. If your oil is not strong smelling, you can use it.
Homemade egg less mayonnaise lasts for 2-4 weeks in fridge while egg less lasts for less than 2 weeks. sometimes stays even longer, but make a fresh batch as its super easy and simple hardly takes few minutes.
how to make egg less mayonnaise at home
In a mixing jar, unbreakable jar, add milk and also add half the amount of oil mentioned in the ingredients section. Milk must be in the room temperature and it has to be boiled and cooled.
together add sugar, salt, vinegar and start blending it. adding sugar is optional but a balanced amount of salt and sugar gives a perfect taste for your mayo.
Put in a hand blender and start blending it leaving intervals. add remaining oil little at a time and blend again. You may not need all the oil or you may need extra oil sometimes. so add little at a time and blend it.
When it is thick and creamy, stop blending and transfer to the serving bowl or store it in a glass airtight jar and refrigerate.
how to make mayonnaise with egg | classic mayonnaise
In a jar, break an egg (eggs have to be at room temperature), add salt and sugar.
further add pepper powder. Adding pepper powder is optional and you can also add garlic instead or leave it plain.
further, add oil (3/4th) of the amount mentioned. add the remaining later if needed to adjust the consistency. also, squeeze a half slice lemon.
start blending it. Unlike veg mayo, this takes lesser time to blend as the egg yolk contains emulsifiers. Also, oil needed will be sometimes lesser than the quantity mentioned depending upon the thickness/viscosity of oil used. transfer it to serving boil or store it in a air tight container and refrigerate for later use.
Mayonnaise recipe card
- 1/4 cup milk boiled and at room temperature
- 1/2 cup oil any odorless oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp vinegar
mayonnaise with egg
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp pepper powder
- 3/4 cup oil
- 1/2 slice lemon squeezed
- In a mixing jar, add milk,half the amount of oil, sugar, salt, vinegar and start blending it using a hand blender.
- Start blending it leaving intervals. add remaining oil little at a time and blend again.
- When it is thick and creamy, stop blending and transfer to the serving bowl or store it in a glass airtight jar and refrigerate.
Mayonnaise with egg
- In a jar, break an egg , salt, sugar and pepper powder.
- further, add oil (3/4th) of the amount mentioned. add the remaining later if needed to adjust the consistency. squeeze a half slice lemon.
- Blend it until thick and creamy. serve fresh or store for use later.