Peas pulao recipe with Palak leaves – kids lunch box ideas Indian. One of the best and healthy lunchbox rice recipe with green peas and palak leaves.
Rather than packing them snacks (deep fried), Maida(white poison) related foods (sandwich/naan etc.,) We need to inculcate the staple and native foods in their diet in the way they like them to be attractive but as well take care that it is as much nutritious.
Some of the variety rice recipes:
Peas pulao recipe with Palak leaves
Peas pulao recipe
- 1 large onion
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 broken green chilli
- 1 handful coriander leaves
- 5-6 no palak leaves
to make rice
- 3/4 cup seeraga samba rice
- 2 tsp ghee
- 1/2 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 no bay leaf
- 1/4 cup peas
- 1/8 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/8 tsp chilli powder
- 1.5 cups water
- salt to taste
- 1/8 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp lemon juice
- 3-4 tsp cashews – roasted
- 2 tsp fried onions – optional
- Soak the rice in water for 30 minutes.
- Firstly grind everything given under 'to grind section'
- Heat ghee and oil in a cooker, crackle bay leaf, cumin seeds.
- Add peas, prepared masala, turmeric powder, coriander powder, chilli powder, salt and mix well.
- Add 1.5 cups water and give it a boil.
- When it starts to boil, add garam masala, lemon juice, soaked and drained rice. Mix well.
- Pressure cook for 5 min on medium heat and 10 min on simmer. Switch off and open after 15 minutes.
- add roasted cashews and fried onions. fluff it up and serve.
Green peas pulao – kids lunch box ideas Indian
1.To prepare the masala for biryani, grind together onions, ginger, garlic, green chilli, coriander leaves and palak leaves.
2. Grind the mixture to a fine paste and keep it ready till use.
3. Heat oil and ghee in a cooker and crackle cumin seeds and bay leaf to it.
4. Together add peas, prepared masala and mix well. Fry for a few seconds.
5. to this, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder is added and mixed well.
6. Lastly, water in the measure of 1:1.5 that is 1.5 cups water for 1 cup rice is added and seasoned with salt. check the salt in water before adding rice, it has to be a pinch more salty than normal.
7. Let the water come to a boil and add the soaked rice is drained and added.
8. lastly, garam masala and few drops of lemon juice is also added.
9. Mix well, close and pressure cook. 5 minutes on medium heat and 10 minutes in simmer. put off. wait for 15 minutes and then open the cooker. the rice continues to cook even after switching off heat. so wait for 15 minutes after switching off flame and then open for best results.
10. Fried cashews and fried onions are added optionally and fluff with well.
11. serve hot or let it cool completely and pack it.