Potato Lollipop recipe | crispy potato balls recipe with quick video and step by step pics. Potato starters are the most loved one of all the vegetable starters and are easy to make as well.
This Potato lollipop recipe is easy and tasty, especially when planning for kids parties and it is a healthy homemade dish too.
some of the potato recipes that you might be interested in:
How to make potato lollipop – Quick video
Potato balls Recipe with pics
In a large mixing bowl, take the mashed potatoes, chopped onions, ginger garlic paste, crushed red chillies, salt, chopped coriander leaves, garam masala.
Further add bread crumbs, cornflour, lemon juice to the bowl.
Start mixing it without adding water. mix to a soft dough.
In another bowl, mix approximately 3 tbsp maida with water to make it a slurry.
Meanwhile, take the breadcrumbs in a plate along with mixed herbs and crushed chillies. mix it well and keep it ready.
Make balls of the potato mixture and dip it in the maida paste. roll until all sides are coated well.
Drop the coated balls onto the crumbs mix and roll it until well coated. prepare all the balls.
Heat oil and drop the balls one by one and deep fry until golden brown. serve it hot with mayonnaise or tomato sauce.
Potato lollipop recipe
To make a dough
- 3-4 medium potatoes boiled and mashed
- 1 medium onion chopped finely
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 3/4 tsp crushed red chillies
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- salt to taste
- 3 tbsp bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
For maida slurry
- 3 tbsp maida
- water as required to make a slurry
for crumb mix
- 1/8-1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/8 tsp mixed herbs
- 1/2 tsp red chilli crushed
- Oil for deep frying
- Mix everything given under "to make a dough" to a soft dough without adding water.
- Mix maida with water to make a slurry of it.
- Mix bread crumbs with red chilli flakes and mixed herbs and keep it ready
- Make balls of lemon-sized out of the potato dough and dip it in the maida slurry.
- once coated, roll it in the bread crumb mix.
- prepare all the balls. Deep fry it until golden brown.
- serve hot with tomato sauce or mayonnaise