Soya chunks curry recipe | meal maker curry is one of the simplest but tastiest and healthy side dish option for chapathi and rice. This protein-packed gravy is very easy to prepare.
It’s during this lockdown period, that I wanted to replace the nonveg with vegetarian food. So, I tried my hands on soya chunks in nonveg curry style.
Trust me, this was much better than nonveg curry. Am not so fond of chicken these days, I consume only the curry part of it. I took this lockdown as an opportunity to get away from it.
some of the soya recipes:
Soya chunks curry – video recipe
meal maker curry recipe
soya chunks curry recipe
to soak soya chunks
- 3 cups water
- 1/8 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup mini soya chunks
for the curry
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 medium onions thinly sliced
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 no green chilli chopped
- 2 nos tomato paste
- 1/4 tbsp rock salt or salt to taste
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 3 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- Boil water with salt and turmeric powder. When it is boiling, put off flame and soak the washed soya chunks in it until use.
- heat oil in a pan and crackle cumin seeds.
- When the cumin seeds crackle, add sliced onions and fry until slightly brown.
- goes in ginger garlic paste and fry till raw smell leaves.
- grind tomatoes to a coarse paste and add the paste to the onions along with salt.
- fry until the oil leaves out the masala.
- when the oil leaves out from the masala, add chilli powder, coriander powder and garam masala.
- mix well to combine.
- drain the soya chunks that's been soaking and add it to the pan. MIx well.
- lastly, add curry leaves and water to thin out the curry.
- close and cook the curry on high heat for about 5 minutes.
- open and mash the soya chunks slightly.
- serve hot with chapathi.
How to make Soya chunks curry recipe
Heat 3 cups water in a pot and add turmeric powder and salt. stir once and let it come to a boil.
when it is boiling. Put off the flame. Add washed soya chunks preferably mini chunks. Keep it aside until use.
In a pan, heat oil and crackle cumin seeds. When the cumin seeds crackle, add sliced onions and fry until slightly brown in colour.
When the onions turn slightly brown, add ginger garlic paste and fry till raw smell leaves.
Further stir in chopped green chilli for few seconds.
Grind 1 large or 2 medium tomatoes coarsely and add them to the onions. You can also finely chop the tomatoes and add them. Grinding is to speed up the process. add salt to taste and fry till the oil leaves the sides of the masala.
When you find oil leaving the sides, add chilli powder, coriander powder and garam masala. Mix well until well combined.
At this stage, drain and add the soya chunks that’s been soaking. Mix well to combine.
Stir in curry leaves and water to thin the curry. Close and cook for 5 minutes on high heat. By this time, the flavors would be absorbed by the soya chunks.
Open and mash the curry slightly. You can also grind a few soya and add them back into the curry. We prefer it like this. Mash slightly and serve hot with chapathi.
Enjoy your soya chunks curry, STAY HOME STAY SAFE!