Soya chunks Salna recipe |Soya Chunks Gravy Recipe |Meal Maker Curry
Soya chunks Salna recipe |Soya Chunks Gravy Recipe |Meal Maker Curry with step by step photos and video recipe. soya nuggets or otherwise called as mealmaker is known to be rich in protein. its one of the best alternative for non vegetarian.
Especially this salna\ chalna is spicy, thin curry that goes well with chapathi, parotta or poori. this is little different to my veg salna recipe\parotta salna recipe.
It is our own privileged custom to eat the parottas the Tamil way. to scramble the parottas first, soak the parottas in salna and wait for a minute. then gulp it. These days, you get the vegetarian salna and trust me this recipe with soya is much better than the normal veg salna and almost close to the non veg salna’s taste.
other than this curry, if your looking for some other alternate for parotta, here you go. hotel style veg kurma, white kurma, pepper veg kurma, veg salna.if you are looking for some good soya chunks recipes, here are few. soya chunks fry, soya chunks biryani.
Soya chunks Salna recipe
Soya chunks salna recipe
- 3/4 cup soya chunks
to saute and grind
- 1.25 tbsp oil
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 1 pinch stone flower/kalpasi
- 4 no cloves
- 3 no garlic cloves
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 1 no green chilli broken
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 no tomato chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut grated
- 1/2 tsp poppy seeds
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
for the curry
- 1/2 tbsp fennel seeds
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1/2 no tomato chopped
- salt to taste
- 1.5-2 cups water
- 1 handful coriander leaves chopped finely
to prepare soya chunks
- to cook soya chunks, boil 3 cups water in a pan. put off and add the soya chunks. let it sit for 10 minutes.
- drain and wash it with cold water. keep it aside until use.
to saute and grind
- heat oil and add cinnamon, cloves, stone flower, cloves, garlic cloves, ginger, green chilli, onion and fry till brown
- add tomato and fry till mushy.
- further add grated coconut, poppy seeds and fry for a minute.
- add turmeric powder, coriander powder and chilli powder. mix well and fry for half a minute.
- cool and grind to a fine paste. keep aside until use.
for the curry
- heat oil and pop in fennel seeds and curry leaves.
- add chopped onions and fry until transparent.
- further add chopped tomatoes and fry for a minute.
- squeeze out excess water from the soya chunks and add it to the pan.
- now add prepared masala, salt, 1.5-2 cups water. mix well to adjust consistency required. close and cook for 15 minutes on high
- open and add chopped coriander leaves. close and cook again for 10 minutes on medium heat.
- open and serve hot with parotta/chapathi/poori/dosa/idli.
Soya Chunks Gravy Recipe
1.basic process of cooking the soya chunks is as follows. for any recipes, follow this before using soya chunks. boil water in a pan and add soya chunks to it. put off the stove and let it sit for at least 10-15 min or until it is soft and pale.
2. strain the meal makers/soya chunks and wash it thoroughly in cold water. there are two reasons why you should be doing this. 1. to remove the smell of soya. 2. to stop cooking further. wash it well, drain and keep aside.
3. heat oil in a pan and add cinnamon, cloves, stone flower, garlic, ginger, green chilli and onions. fry until onions are brown.
4. add tomatoes and fry for a minute.
5. together add grated coconut and poppy seeds. mix well. fry for a minute.
6. lastly add turmeric powder, coriander powder, chilli powder and mix well. fry for half a minute.
7. cool the mixture and grind it to a fine paste.
8. heat oil and crackle fennel seeds and curry leaves.
9. add chopped onions and fry for a minute until transparent.
10. further add chopped tomatoes and fry until mushy.
11. squeeze out excess water from the soya chunks and add it to the pan.
12. add prepared masala and salt to taste.
13. wash the blender with 1 cup water and add it. check the consistency and add more/less water if required. mix well.
14. close and cook on high heat for 15 minutes.
15. open and add chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
16. close again and cook in medium heat for 10 minutes.
open and serve hot the veg salna with soya chunks.
I love your recipes. Soy chunks salna is the first one I’ve made from your blog and I’ve since made it a few more times (with potato or other veg instead of soya chunks). It won over my family every time 🙂
Your recipes are perfect! Thanks Jinoo!
wow..super.. thank you so much for your feedback and rating! 🙂
Comments are closed.