Vellai Kurma recipe | White vegetable kurma
Vellai Kurma recipe | White vegetable kurma | Veg korma recipe hotel style with step by step tutorial and video recipe. White kurma a.k.a Vellai Kurma as it is called very commonly is a default side dish given for chapathi/parotta in south Indian hotels.
As simple south Indian curry in which vegetables are cooked in coconut sauce and best goes with chapathi, poori, idly, dosa. There is another version similar to this recipe which is Kerala style vegetable stew for appam which is slightly different from the Tamilnadu style white kurma recipe.
Kurma or Korma, however, you call it as very basic dish found in any Tamilnadu hotels. There is another version of spicy kurma which is also found everywhere these days. I have made it with a dosage of pepper and is a very good option during winter. The recipe for pepper vegetable kurma is equally good and my favorite as well.
Because of its lesser spiciness, kids will love this dish and it is healthy as we have included all the essential vegetables in it. There are few other kurma recipes like brocolli kurma, cabbage kurma, which are simple and basic recipes to plan especially for kids. Medium spicy and healthy curries.
So let’s move on to prepare the Hotel-style white kurma recipe. Check out the youtube video below for a quick video recipe. the pictorial description is also available.
Veg kurma recipe hotel-style video recipe:
White Vegetable Kurma recipe:
Vellai kurma recipe
to grind raw
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- 3 nos green chilli
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 inch ginger
- 2 tbsp cashew
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 no cardamom
- 1/2 inch cinnamon
- 2 no cloves
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1 spring curry leaves
- 3 no babycorn chopped
- 1 medium carrot finely chopped
- 1/4 cup beans finely chopped
- 2 large potatoes finely chopped
- 3 tbsp green peas finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- To grind raw: coconut, poppy seeds, cinnamon, cloves, fennel seeds, green cardamom, cashew nuts, green chilli, ginger and garlic. Grind it to a fine paste with very little water
- Heat oil in a pan. crackle cumin seeds and curry leaves a spring.
- Add all the vegetables including onions, carrots, beans, capsicum and potato finely chopped. Fry for 2 minutes in medium flame
- add salt and Water 2 cup. Close and cook until vegetables are cooked well.
- Further, open the pan and add the prepared kurma paste. Mix well
- Again add enough water to bring it to the consistency required., If for chapathi, let it stay little thick, if for dosa, thin it.
- Mix well, close and give it a boil for 5 minutes. Kurma is ready to be had with chapathi
Veg kurma recipe hotel-style Pictorial description:
To grind raw: coconut, poppy seeds, cinnamon, cloves, fennel seeds, green cardamom, fried gram, cashew nuts, green chilli, ginger, and garlic. Grind it to a fine paste with very little water
Heat oil in a pan. 2-3 tbsp oil is required. crackle cumin seeds and stir in chopped onions for a minute.
Add all the vegetables including onions, carrots, beans, capsicum and potato finely chopped along with the curry leaves. let it be added altogether.
Fry for 2 minutes in medium flame after adding salt.
Water 2 cups to be added for the vegetables to get cooked. Close and cook until vegetables are cooked well.
Once the vegetables are cooked, open the pan and add the prepared kurma paste. Mix well.
Again add enough water to bring it to the consistency required., If for chapathi, let it stay a little thick, if for dosa, thin it.
Close and let it cook in simmer for 5 minutes until raw smell of coconut paste is gone.
Simple White kurma recipe hotel style is ready to be had with chapathi