Elaneer sharbat is a easy to make delicious summer drink to beat this monster heat climate. Sharbat or sherbet is a popular West and South Asian drink prepared from fruits or flower petals. It is sweet and usually served chilled. It can be served in concentrate form and eaten with a spoon or diluted with water to create the drink.
Nowadays the climate is getting worse that our body is not able to adapt with the beating heat. Food is one important thing to keep yourself cool. Check out Elaneer payasam recipe as well.
Tips to keep your body cool:
- Drink lot of LIQUIDS. Ok wait, i heard you..I meant only water, sharbath and coolers.
- Take bath twice a day. Don’t be lazy.
- If you don’t have habit of applying oil to hair daily. Let me just tell you..coconut oil works wonders. It’s so much good to reduce heat instantly. Apply plain coconut oil on your head daily or at least before taking bath.
- Avoid eating heavy meals and masala rich foods. It will be hard to digest especially on summer days.
- Take fruits and vegetables like watermelon, cucumber, pumpkin, gourd varieties and water rich fruits and vegetables.
- Pineapple and mango are seasonal but it is heat inducing fruits. So limit them !
- Avoid going out in direct sun especially in afternoon. If Kids are there.. never allow them to play during noon. Unlike those days…the intensity of heat is increasing rapidly and may cause heat boils and damage skin cells easily.
Check out Jinooskitchen for more summer recipes with interesting tips every day! Subscribe to get instant updates.
Happy summer !
Elaneer sharbat video recipe:
Elaneer sharbat pictorial directions:
- Break open a tender coconut
- Extract tender coconut water of it.
- Scrape out tender coconut flesh as well.
- Add 2 tbsp sugar and 1/8 cup milk.
- Out in some ice cubes and give it a quick pulse. Let the flesh added be little chunky.
- Top it with few flesh chunks. Drink right away!
Elaneer sharbat recipe:
Tender coconut cooler
- 1 Large Tender coconut
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1/8 Cup Milk Optional
- 4-5 Cubes Ice
Take tender coconut water, flesh, sugar, milk and ive cubes in a blender.
Give it a quick pulse.
Add few tender coconut chunks on top before serving