Fried onion masala recipe | bachelor recipe for chapathi | simple masala Onion fry| Onion Masala Fry Recipe with detailed step by step photos and video recipe. simple, quick bachelor curry for chapathi. Very simple, quick and tasty side dish for chapathi.
This recipe is very common at our home when the vegetables go out of stock or if we are in a hurry to pack lunch. My mom also use to make small onion fry for rice which tastes equally good. this one is well caramelized and perfectly suits the roti.
Fried onion masala recipe – Quick video:
Let’s see how to make onion masala for chapathi with step by step pictorial description below.
onion masala for chapathi Stepwise description:
- heat coconut oil in a pan, coarsely crush the garlic cloves in mortar pestle. use very little garlic – just 3-4 cloves garlic is enough. crush and keep it ready.
- When oil is hot, add the crushed garlic to the pan.
- Fry the garlic until it is slightly roasted and aromatic. need not brown them.
- drop the thinly sliced onions, salt for the onions and fry till they get transparent.
- Now add curry leaves, turmeric powder, chilli powder to the onions.
- Mix well so that spices get blended with onion.
- add chopped tomatoes and fry again in simmer for 5-10 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- After 5-10 minutes, the onions will slowly get caramelized meaning browned while leaving out oil. switch off and serve hot/warm with chapathi.
masala onion fry
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 4-5 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 large onion thinly sliced
- salt to taste
- 1 spring curry elaves
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 3/4 tsp chilli powder
- 1/8 cup tomato chopped finely
heat oil and add crushed garlic to the pan and fry until aromatic
add sliced onions, salt to taste and start frying until transaparent
add curry leaves, turmeric powder, chilli powder and mix well.
further add chopped tomatoes and mix well, fry in medium heat for 10 minutes until onions shrink and leaves oil.