Agathipoo paruppu kulambu | sesbania flower dal
Am always attracted to this new ingredient testing. When i go to supermarket, I always pick the seasonal ingredients and test with them. Agathi poo or the sesbania flowers are not easily available everywhere but if you find it then surely try this recipe. Not only that it is tasty but also healthy.
some of the other sesbania recipes south indian style:
- Agathipoo Muttai Porial ~ Sesbania flower and scrambled egg stir fy
- Agathi Poo Poriyal / Hummingbird Flower Stir Fry
- Agathi Poo kadala porial ~ Agathipoo Porial
quick video of Agathipoo paruppu kulambu:
step by step making of the agathipoo curry / dal
heat oil in a pan or mud pot and crackle mustard seeds, cumin seeds and then add garlic cloves.
to this, add red chillies broken and curry leaves.
finely chop the onions and add it. fry until it is slightly brown.
add chopped tomatoes and fry till mushy
chop the agathipoo/sesabania flowers (removing the stamen). add salt, turmeric powder and mix well. fry until it shrinks and changes its colour.
cook moong dal until mushy and add it along with sambar powder. add enough water, mix well.
let it cook for few minutes and then add fresh coconut paste, mix again and cook for few minutes.
lastly, add ghee and mix once. serve hot with rice.
Agathipoo paruppu kulambu
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 5-6 cloves garlic
- 5-6 no red chilli
- 1 spring curry leaves
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1 large tomato finely chopped
- 2 cups agathipoo chopped
- salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1.5 cups cooked moong dal
- 1.5-2 tbsp sambar powder
- 1/2 cup coconut paste
- 1 tsp ghee
- heat coconut oil and crackle mustard seeds, cumin seeds, garlic, red chilli and curry leaves
- add finely chopped onions and fry till transparent
- further add chopped tomatoes and fry till mushy
- clean and chop the sesbania flowers and add it to the curry along with salt and turmeric powder. fry till it shrinks.
- now add cooked moong dal, sambar powder and water. mix well and boil for 5-10 minutes
- then add freshly ground coconut paste, mix and cook for 2-5 minutes
- lastly, add ghee and serve hot with rice