Beetroot pachadi recipe with step by step photos and video recipe. this is one of the simple and colorful recipe in kerala sadya meal. this version of pachadi is with grated beetroots while there is one more version of beetroot pachadi made by pressure cooker method.
some regions of kerala especially in thrissur regions they add more sweet/jaggery to the pachadi while some others make it spicy. but its up to your taste and preference.
quick video of beetroot pachadi recipe
step wise pics of making beetroot pachadi recipe
1.grate the beetroot and take it in a pan. add sliced small onions, curry leaves, turmeric powder and salt. add enough water for it to get cooked. mix well.
2. close and cook until the beetroots are completely cooked.
3. meanwhile grind coconut, ginger, green chilli and cumin seeds. add the paste to the cooked beetroots.
4. mix well and let it get heated up. add jaggery to taste and mix again. adding jaggery is optional.
5. lastly let it cool a bit and add fresh curd. mix well.
6. heat coconut oil and crackle mustard seeds and curry leaves. add the seasoning to the pachadi and mix for one last time. serve fresh !