Rajma sundal recipe | red kidney beans sundal recipe with step by step photos and video recipe. simple and easy sundal varieties that can be made as an healthy evening snack. it is protein packed dish and essential ones in our diet.
If making this Rajma sundal for navratri or to offer to god, just skip the onions from the recipe as onion and garlic is not usually added for the neivedhyam (offering to god).
some of the Rajma recipes that are popular in my blog are
Rajma sundal recipe
rajma sundal recipe
to pressure cook rajma
- 1/2 cup rajma beans – soaked overnight
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- salt to taste
to make sundal
- 2 tsp oil
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/8 tsp urad dal
- 1 tsp chana dal
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 1 medium onion – finely chopped
- 1 no carrot – grated
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1/8 cup coconut grated
- 1 no green chilli
- 1 inch ginger
- soak the rajma overnight. pressure cook it with 2 cups water, salt and turmeric powder to 5-6 whistle.
- open and strain the water. heat oil in a pan.
- crackle mustard seeds, urad dal, chana dal, curry leaves, chopped onions, grated carrots, salt to taste and fry for a minute or two.
- grind coconut , green chilli and ginger to a coarse paste without adding water. add the paste to the pan along with cooked rajma.
- mix well and let it cook until moisture leaves.
- lastly, add chopped coriander leaves and mix well. serve hot !
- soak rajma at least for 5-6 hours to get it cooked soft and tender. if you forget to do this, then soak in hot water for 3 hours.
- you can reduce the coconut quantity according to your taste.
- you can also add a pinch of garam masala for an extra flavour.
red kidney beans sundal recipe
1.soak the rajma overnight, drain the water completely, rinse it twice and then take it in pressure cooker along with turmeric powder, salt and enough water. the level of water should be little more than the level of rajma.
2. close and pressure cook for 5-6 whistles until the rajma stays in shape but is mushy when pressed. strain and keep it ready. do not discard the water. you can use it for making stock rasam.
3. heat oil, crackle mustard seeds and add urad dal, chana dal, curry leaves, chopped onions and grated carrots.
4. fry for a minute or two and then add salt to taste. remember we have already added for rajma. so add only for the onions and carrots.
5. mix well and the add the cooked rajma beans.
6. grind together coconut, green chilli and ginger to a coarse paste.
7. add the paste to the pan and mix well. let it cook until the moisture is gone.
8. lastly, add the chopped coriander leaves and mix once. serve fresh and hot!
simple and healthy rajma sundal is ready to be served!