Bread besan toast recipe – Quick bread recipe with vegetables. Easy and tasty toast with besan flour and can also be made as a snack.
some of the other bread recipes for you to try:
We also liked it by placing a cheese slice between two besan toast. heat it once on both sides after placing cheese slice in between. It tastes amazing with cheese.
Veg Bread toast recipe – video
Bread toast recipe with besan
bread besan toast recipe
- 1 cup gram flour besan flour
- 1/2 medium sized onion finely chopped
- 1 small carrot grated
- 2-3 no beans finely chopped
- 1 no green chilli finely chopped
- 1 no red chilly finely chopped
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2-3/4 cup water
- 5 slices bread
- 5-6 tsp butter
- Mix everything given in the ingredients list except bread and butter.
- add water little at a time and mix it to a medium thick batter.
- pour 4 tbsps of batter into a plate and place the bread slice over it.
- spread the batter again on top of the bread.
- melt butter in a pan and place the bread slice from the plate onto the pan.
- cover and cook for 5-10 minutes until the bottom side is brown
- open, turn over and cook again until both sides are brown.
- serve it hot with tomato sauce.
How to make bread besan toast recipe
In a bowl, mix together besan flour/gram flour/kadalai maavu along with chopped onions, chopped carrots, chopped green chillies, chopped red chillies.
based on the vegetebales and besan flour quantity, add salt to taste and also add garam masala.
Furthermore, add ginger garlic paste and mix it with help of a fork until combined. Before adding water, make sure the masalas and salt gets combined with vegetables and besan flour.
Add water little at a time and mix to a medium thick batter. somewhat like idli batter consistency.
In a shallow plate, pour 4 tablespoonful of batter and place the bread slice over it. I have trimmed out the edges, but it can also be added with edges untrimmed. Now on top the slice, pour in 2-3 tbsp of batter again and gently spread it all over.
In a pan, melt butter and place the batter coated slice. gently take it out from plate and place it on hot tawa. close and cook in medium heat for 5-10 minutes or until underneath is browned. Let it cook in medium heat so that besan and vegetables are cooked well.
Open, turn sides and cook again until other side turns golden brown as well.
Serve it hot with sauce drizzled on top.