Cabbage poriyal recipe | simple cabbage thoran recipe |cabbage palya with step by step pictures and video recipe. Cabbage stir fry recipe with detailed photo description and quick video. This dish is typically a south Indian dish which is very commonly included in everyday menu and in kerala sadhya
some of the other stir fry recipes: drumstick leaves egg stir fry,beans thoran/stir fry,radish thoran/stir fry,kollu thoran(horsegram stir fry),vazhapoo thoran(banana flower stir fry),etc.,check out the collections here
Cabbage poriyal recipe | simple cabbage thoran recipe |cabbage palya quick video recipe:
Cabbage poriyal recipe| simple cabbage thoran recipe |cabbage palya step by step pictorial
- for making this easy and simple cabbage stir fry recipe, firstly, heat oil in a pan, crackle musatard seeds and add split urad dal and chana dal(bengal gram). let it get slightly brown
- add a spring of curry leaves and green chilli split, mix well
- wash and chop the cabbage very finely and add it to the pan. along with cabbage, add salt and turmeric powder. mix well.
- further, add little water, close and cook until cabbage is cooked. takes approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Open and add grated coconut, mix well and serve
Cabbage poriyal recipe| simple cabbage thoran recipe |cabbage palya recipe card:
Cabbage poriyal recipe
- 2 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp urad dal split
- 1/2 tsp chana dal
- 1 spring curry leaves
- 2 no green chilli - split
- 1 medium cabbage - finely chopped
- salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp grated coconut
- heat oil in a pan, crackle mustard seeds, urad dal, chana dal and add curry leaves, slit green chillies
- add chopped cabbage, salt and turmeric powder. Add enough water, close and cook until done.
- open and add grated coconut, mix well. serve