Cabbage poriyal recipe | simple cabbage thoran recipe |cabbage palya with step by step pictures and video recipe. Cabbage stir fry recipe with detailed photo description and quick video. This dish is typically a south Indian dish which is very commonly included in everyday menu and in kerala sadhya
some of the other stir fry recipes: drumstick leaves egg stir fry,beans thoran/stir fry,radish thoran/stir fry,kollu thoran(horsegram stir fry),vazhapoo thoran(banana flower stir fry),etc.,check out the collections here
Cabbage poriyal recipe | simple cabbage thoran recipe |cabbage palya quick video recipe:
Cabbage poriyal recipe| simple cabbage thoran recipe |cabbage palya step by step pictorial
- for making this easy and simple cabbage stir fry recipe, firstly, heat oil in a pan, crackle musatard seeds and add split urad dal and chana dal(bengal gram). let it get slightly brown
- add a spring of curry leaves and green chilli split, mix well
- wash and chop the cabbage very finely and add it to the pan. along with cabbage, add salt and turmeric powder. mix well.
- further, add little water, close and cook until cabbage is cooked. takes approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Open and add grated coconut, mix well and serve
Cabbage poriyal recipe| simple cabbage thoran recipe |cabbage palya recipe card:
Cabbage poriyal recipe
- 2 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp urad dal split
- 1/2 tsp chana dal
- 1 spring curry leaves
- 2 no green chilli split
- 1 medium cabbage finely chopped
- salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp grated coconut
heat oil in a pan, crackle mustard seeds, urad dal, chana dal and add curry leaves, slit green chillies
add chopped cabbage, salt and turmeric powder. Add enough water, close and cook until done.
open and add grated coconut, mix well. serve