Mixed veg sabzi – Mix vegetable curry is a veggie loaded sabzi which is semi dry and can be had with chapathi and rice. The choice of vegetables used is our preference.
While the choice of vegetables used are completely our preference. the right combinations makes the perfect taste which is an added star to the curry in itself. Potatoes, cauliflower, beans, carrots, baby corn and peas can be used.
Yes, this is a semi dry curry and can be taken as side dish for rice. especially, with ghee rice and jeera rice, this tastes good.
For best taste, Do no over cook the vegetables, as we need a slight crunch retained for best taste.
Other sabzi recipes that might interest you,
Mixed veg sabzi – video recipe
mixed vegetable curry for chapathi
Mixed veg sabzi
to cook and grind to paste
- 1 large onion chopped roughly
- 2 medium tomatoes roughly chopped
- 2 tsp garlic cloves
- 2 tsp ginger chopped
- 1 no green chilli
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 large potato cubes
- 1 medium carrot cut to cubes
- 3 no babycorn cut lenghtwise into two
- 1/4 cup cauliflower florets
- 2-3 long beans chopped
- 2 tbsp green peas
- 1/4 medium capsicum cubes
- 1/4 medium red and yellow bell peppers each cubes
- 2-3 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 3/4 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp lemon squeeze
- 1/2 tsp crushed kasuri methi
- Boil together onion, tomato, ginger, garlic and green chilli with water.
- cool and grind to a paste.
- Heat oil in a pan and crackle cumin seeds.
- when the seeds crackle, add all the vegetables (potatoes to beans in ingredients vegetables list)
- add salt and fry for a couple of minutes.
- sprinkle little water, close cook for 2-3 minutes.
- open and stir once. add the peas, capsicum, bell peppers, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala, and fry for 2 minutes.
- add the prepared masala, salt to adjust and sprinkle little water.
- close cook until raw smell leaves and masala gets well blended with vegetables.
- open and stir once. add lemon squeeze, crushed kasuri methi and mix well.
- serve hot with chapathis.
How to make Mixed veg sabzi
To prepare the vegetable curry, Firstly, lets cook the onion tomato masala. For this, take a sauce pot/deep pan and add chopped onions, chopped tomatoes, ginger, garlic and green chillies to it. Add very little water just until it gets covered up.
Boil until all the water is drained/tomatoes are super soft. Cool and blend it to a fine paste. keep it aside until use.
Heat oil in a pan and crackle cumin seeds. Add potatoes, beans, cauliflower, chopped carrots and chopped baby corn.
Add salt to taste and fry for 2 minutes.
Close cook until the vegetables are cooked and slightly roasted. Need not add water. In case you are worried, sprinkle little water and close cook until almost done.
At this stage, add peas, capsicum, bell peppers, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and garam masala. Mix well until well combined and fried.
Pour the prepared onion tomato masala and salt for the masala. Cook further until the masala is well combined and the water is dried out. Close and cook for less than 5 minutes on medium heat.
Lastly, squeeze lemon juice, add crushed kasuri methi and mix well. serve hot!