Vangi bath recipe | Brinjal rice recipe| Karnataka style vangi bhath recipe| kathirikkai sadham is very unique and differently flavored rice recipe made with freshly roasted and ground spice powder. vangi bhath and raita are one of the best option for lunch box.
this recipe includes the recipe of vangi bath powder which can be prepared ahead and stored for few months. If the masala powder is ready beforehand and the rice is cooked. then the dish can be prepared in minutes by anyone. its so simple and easy.
some of the special rice recipes:
- Brinji rice recipe | Vegetable Brinji rice recipe | how to make veg biryani south Indian style
- Arisi paruppu sadham recipe coimbatore style | Kongunad Dal rice | Paruppu sadam
- Tomato Biryani with coconut milk | Thakkali biryani | Pressure cooker tomato rice
- Ghee Rice with Coconut Milk recipe| Malabar Ghee Rice recipe
Vangi bath recipe quick video:
Vangi bath recipe card:
vangi bath recipe
Vangi bath masala powder:
- 1/2 inch cinnamon
- 1 tsp chana dal
- 1 tsp urad dal split
- 2 no cloves
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 4 tsp coriander seeds
- 4 no red chilli
- 3 tsp grated coconut
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp ghee
- 3/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 no bay leaf
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 no green chilli
- 1 spring curry leaves
- 3/4 cup onion finely chopped
- 3-4 no cloves
- 1 cup brinjal sliced
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 cup basmati rice
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp ghee
- soak basmati rice in water for 15 minutes.
- heat oil and saute all ingredients for the vangi bath masala powder except coconut.
- when the spices are slightly turning brown, add coconut and fry till reddish brown
- transfer to a blender and grind to powder.
- heat ghee + oil in a cooker, add bay leaf, cumin seeds, mustard seeds and crackle them.
- when it crackles add chopped onion, green chilli, curry leaves anf fry till onions are transparent.
- add 3-4 cloves garlic, brinjal sliced, turmeric powder and fry for a minute on high heat.
- now add soaked basmati rice, prepared masala and fry for half a minute.
- add water (1.25 cups for 1 cup rice) , salt, ghee and mix well. close and pressure cook for 10 minutes on low flame.
- when the pressure settles down, open and fluff it up gently.
- serve hot with raita.
Vangi bath recipe with step by step pics
- firstly, heat oil in a pan and add cinnamon, cloves, chana dal, urad dal, cumin seeds , coriander seeds and red chilli
- fry till it is slightly reddish
- now add grated coconut and fry till it gets reddish brown. fry in simmer so that coconut does not get burnt. take the mixture in blender and blend to coarse paste
- heat oil + ghee in a cooker. add bay leaf and crackle mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- finely chop onions and add it along with curry leaves. fry till it gets slightly brown/transparent.
- add chopped garlic, sliced brinjal to the cooker. you can also chop the brinjal instead of slicing them .
add turmeric powder and fry for a minute on high heat till ti gets slightly roasted..
- soak the basmati rice in water for 15 minutes. wash and add rice, freshly prepared vangi bath masala powder , mix well and add water. 1.25 cups water for 1 cup rice. since i have soaked for 15 – 20 minutes. I have added 1.25 cups water. If your not soaking rice, then add 1.5 cups water.
- season with salt to taste and lastly add ghee on top. give a last mix.
- close and pressure cook for 10 minutes on low flame. open after pressure settles down. fluff it up gently and serve with raita.