Egg pallipalayam | hotel style Egg fry | egg masala fry recipe in Tamil Nadu style with step by step photos and video recipe. pallipalayam chicken is very famous in kongunad belt especially in and around erode and Coimbatore. cooked with coconut oil and coconut pieces this dish is very commonly available in all the restaurants in Tamilnadu.
this recipe is adapted from the non veg version of pallipalayam recipe. Follow the same method to taste the exact flavor as like making pallipalayam chicken. My Husbands place is in Erode and we make a slightly different version of pallipalayam chicken which is not like the restaurant style. but this one is adapted from a couple of videos where exact hotel style pallipalayam chicken was prepared.
I recently had this dish at haribhavanam, Coimbatore and it tasted awesome. I was impressed with the idea and since then i wanted to try it out at home. I have never found this dish anywhere else. one more dish that is long time pending is nellore lolipop which i had at a hotel in erode.
some of the egg recipes:
- egg roast recipe | spicy egg roast dry | egg roast without tomato
- Egg fried rice recipe Indian | Egg rice with leftover rice
- Omelette roll recipe
- Egg Shakshuka Indian style
- Egg Kabab a.k.a Dinosaur eggs
- Udaitha Muttai Kuzhambu Recipe | Egg Drop Curry Recipe
- Egg roast masala | Kerala style Egg Curry without coconut milk
lets see the quick video of how to make the Egg pallipalayam / hotel style egg fry:
Step by step pics and description of making the egg masala fry recipe:
boil 5 large eggs with salt. peel and chop them to pieces along with yolk.
boil red chillies and garlic in very little water for 2-3 minutes or until the red chillies are soft. grind to smooth paste. use the water used for boiling to grind the chilli paste.
heat coconut oil in a pan and add the red chilli paste to it. along with it, add coriander powder, pepper powder, cumin powder, fennel seeds powder, garam masala and meat masala. meat masala is optional, skip if you do not have it. fry the masala in low heat until it thickens for about 2 minutes.
need not fry too much. just for a couple of minutes until water used for grinding leaves out and the masala thickens.
heat coconut oil in a separate pan and drop red chillies and fry for half a minute. now add curry leaves and fry again until crisp.
further, add coconut pieces. coconut pieces can be cut like this in this pic like we cut for payasam or make thin strips like in chicken pallipalayam. its up to your choice. both will taste good. fry till it is slightly brown.
add chopped onions and chopped shallots in equal quantity or you can simply replace with just shallots/small onions. also add ginger garlic paste and fry till raw smell goes off and onions are brown.
add chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder and fry till mushy.
at this point, add the prepared chilli masala and mix well. add salt and fry for few seconds.
add little water and let it boil until you get a saucy consistency.
drop the chopped eggs into it. mix gently and leave it for 2 minutes in simmer so that masala gets in with the flavor of egg.
serve fresh with rice or roti or as a starter.
egg pallipalayam recipe card:
egg masala fry recipe in tamil nadu style
- 5 large eggs - boil and peel
- 12-15 dry red chillies
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp fennel seeds powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp meat masala - optional
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds powder
- 2-3 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 dry red chilli - de-seeded
- 2 spring curry leaves
- 3 tbsp coconut pieces
- 1 medium onion - finely chopped
- 6-8 no shallots - chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 medium tomato - finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- boil 5 large eggs with salt and peel them. chop them to pieces.
- boil red chillies and garlic with little water for 2-3 minutes. cool and grind to a fine paste.
- heat oil in a pan, fry the chilli paste along with pepper powder, coriander powder, fennel seeds powder, garam masala, meat masala, cumin seeds powder for 2-3 minutes. keep it aside
- heat oil in a pan and fry red chillies (de-seeded) for half a minute and add curry leaves and fry till crisp.
- add coconut pieces and fry till slightly red.
- further, add chopped onions, chopped shallots, ginger garlic paste and fry till it is brown.
- now, add the tomato, turmeric powder and fry till mushy.
- at this point, add the prepared chilli spice paste and fry for few seconds with salt,
- sprinkle little water, let it boil until it is saucy.
- drop the chopped eggs and mix well. let it sit in pan for 2-3 minutes until it gets dry.