Spring onion chutney recipe | how to make spring onion chutney with step by step photos and video. easy to make, simple and chutney recipe for idli/dosa. can be made within minutes and is tasty as well.
some of the other chutney varieties with quick video:
- capsicum chutney
- Pudalangai chutney | snake gourd chutney | potlakaya chutney recipe
- Peanut chutney | Groundnut Chutney recipe | Verkadalai chutney
- Roasted garlic onion chutney | Spicy garlic chutney recipe
- Brinjal chutney recipe | Kathirikai Chutney
- Onion Coriander chutney recipe without Garlic | Vengaya kothamalli chutney
- Kerala coconut chutney recipe | Red coconut chutney recipe
- coriander coconut chutney recipe for dosa/idli without frying
- Green chilly Chutney for dosa | Green chilli coriander chutney | Onion coriander chutney
- Tomato Chutney recipe | Thakkali Chutney
- Easy Mint chutney | coriander mint chutney
- Carrots Oats Chutney
- Peanut Sesame chutney
- Tomato Flaxseeds chutney recipe | Flax seed tomato chutney without onion etc.,
here is the quick video of spring onion chutney:
lets see how to make spring onion chutney recipe with step by step pics.:
heat oil and drop red chillies and Urad dal whole or split. fry until the dal turns slightly reddish and is aromatic.
roughly chop the onions and spring onions. drop it as soon as the urad dal starts turning red. add salt to taste and fry until onions are transparent.
switch off and add tamarind piece half a tsp.mix well and fry. heat in the kadai itself is enough just to heat up the tamarind.
cool and transfer to a blender. grind to a fine paste. transfer to a bowl.
for tempering: heat coconut oil and crackle mustard seeds, urad dal split and curry leaves. add the tempering to the chutney.
serve fresh with dosa/idli:
Spring onion chutney recipe
- 1 tsp oil
- 2 dry red chilli
- 1 tbsp urad dal
- 1/4 cup onion roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup spring onion chopped
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp tamarind
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp urad dal split
- 1 spring curry leaves
- heat oil and fry red chillies and urad dal till it is slightly brown.
- add chopped onions and chopped spring onions with salt to taste. fry till transparent
- switch off and add tamarind. mix well. cool and grind to a smooth paste
- tempering: heat oil and crackle mustard seeds and add urad dal, curry leaves. when crisp. add the tempering to the chutney.